A successful company specialising in the manufacture of bespoke amenities for the hotel and lodge industry, is looking for an experienced warehouse manager to supervise the receipt, dispatching, and storage of merchandise in the warehouse. The warehouse manager will oversee picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, security, maintenance, sanitation, and administrative functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations for R15 M stock across 3000 lines.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures.
- Implementing and overseeing security operations.
- Ensuring effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensuring the safety of staff.
- Motivating and disciplining staff.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of the condition and location of fleet vehicles.
- Assisting with deliveries where required.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- 5+ years of warehouse management experience.
- Experience working with high values of stock
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with multiple line items.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with Accpacc or Sage 300
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills.
Package & Remuneration
Salary up to R30 000 per month dependent on skills and experience