University of Cape Town Government Vacancies 2022 : LECTURER: PHYSIOTHERAPY (3-year Contract)
The Division of Physiotherapy seeks to appoint a suitably qualified candidate to the position of Lecturer in the Division
of Physiotherapy for a full-time 3-year contract. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to undergraduate
teaching and strengthening of the Physiotherapy Clinical Programme through academic leadership. The incumbent will
also be expected to support the undergraduate programme while developing their own research interests, and to
contribute to Divisional and Departmental activities.
• Masters in Physiotherapy or an equivalent degree
• 2 years minimum experience in teaching and clinical supervision of students
• 5 years clinical experience (inclusive of community service)
• Provide mentoring support
• Excellent interpersonal abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Registered as a Physiotherapist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
The following will be advantageous:
• Work experience at an academic institution
• Undergraduate academic teaching and provide guidance in undergraduate clinical curriculum development.
• Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects.
• Maintain own research programme to encourage evidence-based practice in both teaching and clinical practice.
• Administrative and management duties at Divisional and Departmental levels (2nd to 4th year UG students, ad
hoc staff, clinical educators, liaison with clinical staff and all site managers at all clinical sites and clinical activity
implementations at respective clinical sites)
• Participate in socially responsive activities aligned with the university’s vision and mission.
The annual cost of employment for 2022, including benefits, is between R 601 928 and R 805 385.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Vathiswa Mbangi at email@example.com
– UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
– A letter of motivation detailing suitability for this post
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlist candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo assessments/do a presentation not exceeding
Telephone: 021 650 3003 Website: www.dhrs.uct.ac.za
Reference number: E210371 Closing date: 21 February 2022
UCT is a designated employer and is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its
equity targets in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and
targets. Preference will be given to candidates from the under-represented designated groups. Our Employment
Equity Policy is available at www.hr.uct.ac.za/hr/policies/employ_equity
UCT reserves the right not to appoint