The Student Hub
The Student Hub, an Educational Technology Start-up specializing in developing innovative educational platforms within South Africa, is looking to fulfil the roles of Traffic Manager.
The Traffic Manager works alongside the Student Support Services unit managers to achieve and action key operational day-to-day tasks and projects by serving as a critical connection point between the department managers and its internal stakeholders and resources.
The key focus areas include the prioritization of the queue of Student Support Services and Customer service projects, setting deadlines for each phase of a project, and ensuring that all tasks and activities of the department that are in order before implementation begins.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the queue of projects within the Student support services & Customer service Department.
- Schedule and track the status and progress of each implementation and operational projects until completion.
- Act as liaison between the Student support services Department and relevant internal stakeholders for planning and execution.
- When new projects come in, communicate with the Student support services team and its stakeholders to ensure all background info, specs, and resources are available before work can begin.
- Provide ongoing support to manage urgent and priority tasks, deadlines statuses, and challenges.
- Assist with set due dates for various stages of job completion after consulting with the unit managers for timing requirements of various jobs.
- Support the team by keeping jobs on schedule; reschedule due dates when necessary.
- Work closely with unit managers to improve existing systems and processes that foster better collaboration, communication, innovation, and improved output on an ongoing basis.
- Oversee the capacity and workloads of all resources assigned to projects.
- Manage vendors and internal controls to ensure allocation of resources as required.
- Generate performance reports for unit Managers to report on output, capacity/workloads, project statuses, and issues.
- In collaboration with Unit Managers work to reduce the amount of rework, and turnaround time per task/project
- Ensure that teams are working to desired productivity/ capacity/ hours.
- Assist unit managers with planning and management of key operational projects.
- Lead weekly traffic meetings with teams, unit managers, and primary external stakeholders.
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders to understand current pain points and develop a needs assessment.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- University Degree/National Diploma preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a traffic management role for a medium-large sized Operations or customer experience team.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of project management from initiation to reporting.
The ideal candidate should be:
- Highly organized, process-focused, desire for continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to interact with all personality types and with all levels of staff
- Time management and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in Project Coordination in both online and on the ground focused environment
- Experience in project management and resource planning software
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a solid working knowledge of the Google Suite and the ability to learn our current project management software platform
- Exceptional problem determination skills with high attention to detail
- Professional and diplomatic approach
- Experience working within a large department consisting of multiple functions
- Experience working within an agency is a plus
Package & Remuneration
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.