Government Jobs - PDSA Vacancies
A leading company in the Butchery/Meat industry based outside Pretoria is looking for an experienced Technical Manager to join their company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a system allowing a zero-tolerance to customer complaints, quality defects and resource wastes from raw material intake, manufacturing and storage, to final product release.
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of this management system by integrating this across all relevant departments and existing systems and SOPs.
- Oversee effective, sustainable correction of non-conformances.
- Review, continual improvement and implementation of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP plans, and control procedures per plant and/or product category, aligned to FSSC -, regulatory -, customer and company requirements;
- Communication to, and involvement of, other internal departments, during the development, review and implementation of these plans;
- Review and Implementation of effective QCP points;
- Monitoring and verification of QCP points and other related records;
- Quality defect investigations, and identification of route-cause(s);
- Develop and implement immediate containment actions for non-conformances;
- Oversee, follow-up and confirm the sustainable Corrective Action of Route Causes.
- Internal audits planned and executed against these plans and product specifications;
- Implementation of monitoring procedures and logging, trending and reporting of Quality Defects to report against targets, incl:
- Customer complaints, rejections, returns;
- Microbial, chemical, physical, allergen monitoring programs (environment and/or product);
- Internal quality alerts/near-miss incidents, reworks etc;
- Others as applicable.
- Communication of trends to internal departments, management and customers/suppliers as applicable;
- Maintain and continually improve the system, and ensure implementation of all requirements and records as set out within this system;
- Oversee that all Foods plants are audit-ready at all times.
Trials & Continual Improvements
- Stay abreast of updated, new, and best-practice technical requirements, regulations and standards and oversee implementation;
- Manage the technical contribution to, and participation during, process or product improvement trials, equipment changes or upgrades and/or new product or system implementations etc.:
- Technical advice during Planning / Concept Stage
- Participation during practical execution
- Contributing to reporting, specifications changes, risk assessments etc.
- Ensure the update of HACCP, VACCP and TACCP plans and procedures and their implementation, accordingly;
- Minimize waste and duplication by consolidating and continually improving the quality and food safety system to operating systems in place across departments.
- Build and maintain technical relationships with all customers, service providers and suppliers, and assist team to do same;
- Ensure response to customer enquiries within 48 hours;
- Represent the company and/or ensure adequate representation during site visits, walk-throughs and audits;
- Ensure good relationships between the team and all departments within the company, growing a Quality Culture;
- All duties are performed according to the company’s Food Safety and Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bsc in Food Sciences (non-negotiable)
- Minimum 5 Years Quality / Food Safety / FMCG Managerial experience
Package & Remuneration
R45 000 – R50 000 pm CTC depending on experience.