Duties & Responsibilities
Key Performance Areas:
- Operate a helpdesk providing first-line customer support for our proprietary products and services.
- Monitor and maintain Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) systems.
- Assist in maintaining office IT infrastructure.
- Diagnose software problems, and find practical solutions.
- Prepare hardware for disposal by stripping parts and destroying data.
- Assist with Quality Assurance (QA) by executing manual test plans.
NB: Please note that the above KPA’s have been streamlined. This is a support role which will require the candidate to be knowledgeable and experienced as the role requires the Technician to assist the business unit by providing first-line support to customers and maintaining the unit’s IT systems.
A professional demeanour: be polite, helpful, and composed; act ethically and with integrity; execute the role with competence; be dependable and accountable.
Enthusiasm for service excellence, leveraging communication and people-handling skills to work directly with customers.
The ability to work autonomously, prioritising and organizing one’s own work, and finishing tasks completely and correctly, while remaining adaptable to priority business needs.
An aptitude for diagnosing and troubleshooting, especially resolving network and software configuration problems for remote customers.
Willingness to learn, and to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Ability to interact with all levels of society.
- Operating Systems: Windows server & workstation; setup, configuration, and administration; users and roles; NTFS file and folder permissions.
- Advantageous to know: Active Directory, File & Print Services, Scheduled tasks & automation using DOS BATCH and/or PowerShell, Linux and virtualization.
- Networks: OSI layers; LAN vs WAN; switches/hubs and cabling; ARP, DHCP, andDNS; the purpose of routers and firewalls; how TCP/IP packets traverse a network (including gateways, routing, packet filters and firewalls, NAT, proxies, VPNs) and OS built-in network diagnostic tools.
- PC hardware.
- Advantageous to have experience with using a Source Code Management (SCM) system (e.g. cvs, git) to manage documents.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- CompTIA A+.
- CompTIA N+; or completed equivalent NQF Level 4 (or higher) qualification.
- 6 months experience in an IT support role and experience with remote troubleshooting in a networked Windows environment.
- 1-2 years’ experience an advantage.
- Valid driver’s licence.
Package & Remuneration
Negotiable based on experience.
Should you not have received a response to your application within 14 days of submitting your CV, please consider your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.