Our Group is looking for an experienced SHERQ Manager. And will be Accountable for safety, health, environment, ethics, risk and quality assurance side of the business.
- Must be prepared to travel to the other sites from time to time.
- Hadeco is a reputable floriculture company in its 75th year of operations. We grow quality cut flowers and flower bulbs, mostly for export.
- We have well- appointed offices in an extremely pleasant setting in Little Falls, Roodepoort.
- Professional flexibility in working hours while supporting daily business hours.
- Will interact with internal and external customers through several different means.
- Pleasant working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and assessing areas of significant business risk.
- Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation.
- Ensuring all sites have a risk management plan in place by overseeing and implementing safety inspections and HIRA risk assessments.
- Creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies and procedures in the workplace.
- Chair SHE Committee meetings and ensure the compilation of the monthly SHE Reports and are communicated to management.
- Development emergency response procedures and evacuation plans for all sites and offices by implementing an integrated disaster risk management plan. Ensure that these plans are reviewed and updated regularly.
- Establish Safe Work Procedures; Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Instructions for tasks as and when required to establish continuous improvement as well as determining continuous improvement by monitoring the system.
- Ensuring all farms are compliant with various legal guidelines and working to minimise the environmental impact of the business.
- Carrying out impact assessment for environment awareness projects.
- Ensures that the organization is in compliance with environmental regulations and standards related to pollution and waste management.
- Develop and recommend solutions to eliminate pollution and environmental hazards.
- Accountable for developing and supervising the ethics of the organization in conjunction with the HR manager by looking at every single aspect of the organization’s procedures to make sure that they are consistent with the code of ethics of the organization.
- Review and amend new products, standards, specifications, systems, policies and procedures by implementing and managing the Integrated Quality Management system.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practices
- Compile and analyze both internal and external information to prepare compliance audit data (SEDEX, MPS, FFTF)
- Plan yearly Internal & External audits & Review on a Quarterly Basis & communicate to relevant departments.
- Request audit plan from External Audit Body and communicate to relevant departments and prepare accordingly.
- Total management of non-conformances and corrective action.
- Identifying OHS-related training needs in the workplace.
- Monitor contractor performance and work sites by conducting continuous site visits and audits.
- Enable the business to assess their suppliers.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety / Environmental / Risk / Quality Management
- NEBOSH General certificate or SAMTRAC Certificate or equivalent
- Any other relevant course/s, training, certification that is related to Safety, Health, Environment, Risk and Quality will be an advantage.
- Code B Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3 years direct managerial experience in Safety, Health, Environment, Risk & Quality management related background.
- Previous experience in policy and procedure writing is essential.
- Be familiar with standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and other related specifications and standards.
- Previous experience with Sedex SMETA audit, MPS and Farming for the Future audits will be an advantage.
- Previous experience with phytosanitary inspections will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in the horticultural environment will be a definite added advantage.
- A good understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations is essential.
- In-depth understanding of the farming industry’s Health, Safety, Environmental, Risk and Quality regulations.
In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair the employee’s ability to perform the required job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation.
Package & Remuneration
Competitive remuneration and benefits package.