Ad Hoc Client - 9486113
A contract position has become available for a Senior Project Manager to join our dynamic team, based in Gauteng.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assigned project Profit & Loss.
- Develops project budgets and payment milestones in conjunction with the assigned Commercial Project Manager.
- Develops and maintains a project specific Risk, Issue and Opportunity (RIO) Register and associated actions to mitigate, address and secure the identified RIO’s.
- Develops claim defense strategies.
- Consults with customers on technical solutions, together with Sales Manager or Key Account Manager.
- Clarifies customers´ targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (RFP).
- Participation in tender development and negotiation with customers.
- Coordinates overall planning of the project and decides on allocation of resources.
- Clarifies specification and continuously liaise with accountable Project Manager Internal.
- Monitors milestone and adherence to budgets, and initiates actions to minimize non-conformance cost.
- Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
- May coordinate agreed commissioning measures onsite, together with Site Engineering Management.
- Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS).
- Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A tertiary qualification ideally showing a strong technical background.
- 15 – 20 Years working in the Power Generation construction and maintenance environment.
- Project management fundamentals PMP/PMI certification is essential.
- Extensive experience with using project and program planning tools and software packages to create, manage, and track project results (MS Project, MS Excel).
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of working well in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
Package & Remuneration