Tych Business Solutions
The Oracle Applications DBA is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrading, administrating, monitoring, troubleshooting, cloning, Patching, Backup and restore of Oracle EBS Systems.
This role requires Individuals in this role take responsibility for the design, implementation and administration of Oracle Applications management systems.
Apps DBA’s will need to work closely with System Administrators, Functional Consultants, Apps Developers, Change Control Administrators and Project Managers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide input into the Presales and Sales processes
- Accurate timekeeping
- Respond to customer requests
- Work with technical contacts from other teams or external partners on integration projects
- Business consulting in database environments as well as architecting solutions to customer requirements and ensuring that solutions are built to specification and client requirements
- Ability to provide on-call and 24×7 support when applicable
Learning, growth and innovation
- Research, and evaluate new databases trends and technologies and provide best practices and recommendations.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team in technology and processes.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in Applications, Database & Cloud Technologies and share knowledge with the team.
- Willing to learn other database platforms.
Attributes and competencies
- Reliable and are able to produce a high quality of work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders in the organisation and display excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach with problem solving and logical thinking skills
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Matric, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, in Computer Science / Information Technology, or equivalent
- Oracle database certification & knowledge of Unix, storage subsystems advantageous
- Excellent communicator, and high levels of proficiency in the English language – speaking, read and write
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
Experience and Core Skills
- Experience in the capacity of a Senior Apps DBA (E-Business Suite)
- Experience in Cloud Hyperscalers (Oracle OCI, AWS & Azure) advantageous
- Experience in Platform & Database Migrations
- Installation, setup, upgrade and patching of Oracle EBS and Database
- Monitoring of Application Servers, Database, Concurrent Processing, Workflow processing
- Cloning of EBS environments
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle RAC, Data Guard, Partitioning, Transportable Tablespaces and Replication
- Oracle EBS System Administration e.g. Concurrent Process management and tuning, Workflow setup and maintenance, Printer setup, Integration monitoring and maintenance and End user support
- Develop and implement HA and DR strategies for EBS and Databases, including Multiple Application Tiers, Load Balancer configuration, Shared APPL_TOP, Parallel Concurrent Processing, RAC and Data Guard
- Basic Operating System Support with experience in OS upgrades, patching, networking, storage configuration and performance evaluation
- Understanding of the Oracle EBS architecture, specifically the run and patch file systems in R12.2, Weblogic configuration, management of different Oracle Home installations.
- Understanding of virtualization technology and installation of Oracle EBS on virtual platforms
- Technical support for Project Teams
- Management and troubleshooting of Weblogic Managed Services (i.e. oacore, oaforms, etc)
- Experienced in all normal Core DBA functions,
- e.g. installation, patching, performance tuning (OEM/traces/tkprof), monitoring, backups (rman), DG setup,
- Understand the implementation of best practice security measures on all the tiers of the application architecture.
- Experienced in changed management and deployment across the EBS Application and Database stack.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and the tuning of the Oracle Database, PL/SQL and Application server components.
- Ability to automate repetitive administration tasks.
- Ability to analyse complex request and breaking it up into smaller executable tasks with consideration of inter dependencies.
- Display accuracy and attention to detail when dealing
- Able to cope well in conflict situations
- Be able to work both in a team and alone
- Ability to work well under pressure, especially in maintaining a balanced and logical approach
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Able to use initiative and take ownership of deliverables and projects
- Excellent Written and verbal communication
- Structured working methods
- Candidates will need a passion and drive for a disciplined and informed approach to the customers’ supported environments and business uptime requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and resolution skills, the ability to quickly develop domain knowledge, business acumen, strong teamwork skills necessary.
- Initiative and commitment to delivery, and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances is essential as well as being able to work under pressure.
- Communication and Planning, organizational, and risk management / risk mitigation skills are required for this position.