Moving Heads Personnel
Senior Manager, Life Actuarial
London, Bristol or Edinburgh, UK
Please enquire about the opportunities overseas
Qualified Actuaries, Econometricians and Quantitative Analysts
Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Ireland, UK and Bermuda
Seeking a high performing Senior Manager or Director with a with-profits focus to join the Life Actuarial Team. Responsible for the management of key projects to clients as well as the pursuit of new opportunities all whilst being supported by some of the best practitioners in the business. In addition to the wider involvement within the Life Actuarial team (including work on topics such as capital, IFRS17, M&A, investments, audit, etc.)
with-profits (WP) work includes:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic WP work including supporting clients WP M&As either from a buy-side or sell-side, Independent Expert roles, and consulting support where clients make changes to their WP funds (e.g. using schemes of arrangement or other mechanisms)
- Innovation and process work supporting clients to re-design their WP processes and implement innovative solutions, including with new technologies, to facilitate the management of WP business
- BAU and governance work supporting clients day to day running of their WP funds, reviews of governance structures, or involvement in specific governance-related activities such as compensation to WP funds
- Leading the go to market and business development activity across the UK market, as well playing a leading role in the delivery of these types of projects.
- Assist in delivering key projects for clients on the wide range of topics.
- Actively lead on business development activities, networking with clients and leading pursuit activity.
- Create innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership.
- Contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is best in class
- Manage and mentor teams, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues outside of UK Life Actuarial to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Package & Remuneration
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Location: London, Bristol and Edinburgh