Would you like to work in a challenging professional environment on large local and international projects? Then this position is for you! Our client, a dynamic Engineering Consulting company requires the full-time services of a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to establish and lead the Geotechnical Engineering Department within the Roads department in Cape Town! This company offers exciting projects in multi-disciplinary engineering consulting services to the public and private sectors. The successful candidate must have own reliable transport with valid driver’s license and be prepared to travel to project sites. Must also be medically fit to obtain medical fitness certificate for work on construction sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Project management of roads and geotechnical projects
- Prepare proposals, tenders, reports, and other technical deliverables
- Interpret data, perform analysis, and make recommendations
- Manage and supervise field investigations
- Carry out geological and geotechnical reporting for projects
- Establish and market the geotechnical services offered by the company
Desired Experience & Qualification
- ECSA registered Pr Eng with 8 years+ experience
- MSc Eng degree in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering or Geology
- Solid technical knowledge and application in soil and rock mechanics
- Passion for geotechnical engineering, geology and materials
- Pavement engineering and contract management experience would be beneficial
- Willing to relocate to Cape Town
- Competent in the following Geotechnical analysis software – Geostudio, Rocscience, Plaxis
Own reliable transport, valid driver’s license
Willing to travel to work on project sites
Medically fit to obtain medical certificate
Package & Remuneration
Market related – negotiable depending qualifications and experience
Please submit detailed and updated CV in MS Word format with supporting documents ASAP!
Kindly take note:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Only RSA citizens / perm residents need apply for this position
Should you not receive any feedback within 30 days of application, please consider your application unsuccessful. We may however keep your CV on our database to contact you again should another suitable opportunity become available. Should you prefer not to be contacted for other opportunities, please clearly state so on your application.
By applying for this position, you grant us permission to access your personal information.
To apply directly, please visit our web site.