Position Reports to : Operations Manager: Vetting, Screening and Conflict of interest
Division: Employee Shared Services
Location : Head Office (Pretoria)
Advert Closing Date: 10th February 2022
SARS is looking for a dynamic individual, with a high level of integrity, trust and discretion to assist with the management of conflict . The candidate should be accountable, highly motivated, customer centric, able to develop and maintain productive working relationships, with special attention to detail, and embrace change initiatives and positively contribute to the success of SARS and the Unit.
To conduct, under supervision, personnel suitability checks involving screening, vetting fieldwork investigations and assessing conflict of interest in order to optimize compliance to SARS moral and ethical standards through the identification and mitigation of people risks.
Education and Experience
Relevant National Diploma (NQF 6) AND 2 -3 years’ experience in a similar environment
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 5 years related experience
# The alternative qualifications and experience refers to internal minimum requirements
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of specialisation.
- Execute process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Use practical and applied knowledge and situational judgement to consider policy implications and to arrive at decisions / conclusions.
- Correctly apply applicable legislation, including amongst others policies, procedures, and SOPs in the delivery of work outputs.
- Under supervision apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Assess risk of each request and determine modus operandi per individual investigation and initiate the necessary process.
- Planning and scheduling of engagements with relevant role players as per individual case.
- Conduct and summarize applicable record checks.
- Carry out engagements in accordance with SARS Vetting, Screening and Conflict of Interest Policies and SOP
- Obtain consent and cooperation regarding the enquiry and investigations to be carried out within the Constitution and policy framework.
- Collect and collate applicable information related to integrity and risk profile of each individual case
- Consolidate information from different sources and analyse in terms of risks and completeness.
- Write a report according to prescribed standards after of the completion of the necessary enquiry and investigation.
- Make the necessary recommendation, under guidance, in terms for appointment, security competence, conflict of interest and risk profile
- Source information for each case from internal and external sources.
- Mitigate any identified risk
- Compile monthly reports as required.
- Implement and provide input into the development of governance, compliance, integrity and ethics processes within area of specialisation.
- To pro-actively drive and ensure compliance to policy and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure accurate record keeping of all the relevant documentation in line with standard operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with peers and team members to achieve predefined objectives.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures to ensure cost effectiveness and reduction of financial costs.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure own understanding and adherence to customer service delivery and provide specialist support to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Security Clearance: GOC Confidential.
- Attention to detail
- Conseptual ability
- Organisational awareness
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Building Sustainability
- Honesty and Integrity
- Fairness and Transparency
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Business knowledge
- Efficiency improvement
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Human Resource Consulting
- Knowledge of HR policies and procedures
- SARS Systems Products
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.
SARS Government Vacancies 2022 : Functional Specialist: Vetting, Screening and Conflict of Interest (Conflict of Interest)(x2)