The main purpose of this position is to handle the leading strategic sales and marketing initiatives, integrated activity plans, business analytics and reporting all sales business processes. They will support and drive national business objectives to achieve sales goals. The incumbent is also responsible for maximising occupancy levels across a national portfolio of student residences and generating ancillary sales revenues from internal marketing platform rentals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- FMCG trade marketing experience a definite advantage or a Minimum of five (5) years of sales experience within the hospitality or similar market
- Ability to develop strategic solutions required
- Persuasion and conflict resolution skills required
- Strong team player
- Developing new sales strategies to grow sales volumes and brand awareness in the relevant market segments.
- Contribute to rate negotiations and deliver boardroom-level presentations.
- Support and drive the delivery of the sales targets through strategic planning, execution monitoring and recommendation of corrective measures.
- Leading the development, implementation and execution monitoring of strategic sales initiatives for B2C and B2B markets
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Develop, implement and manage the execution of an integrated annual sales activity plan.
- Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members
- Manage and coordinate all sales analytics and business reporting requirements.
- Development and implementation of all promotional material and sales tools.
- Development, implementation and continuous improvement of business and sales processes.
- Responsible to manage the sales team, the planning, recruitment, performance management, direction, organisation and control of the team to accomplish specific objectives.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team.
- Maintain existing and solicit new accounts to exceed/exceed revenue goals through innovative forms of customer interaction
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends and competitors.
- Develop and implement strategies for distressed periods.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to enhance customer retention
- Attend trade shows, events and industry meetings as and when required
- Lead and initiate projects, working with key marketing contacts. Must align with the companys strategies, plans and objectives.
- Implementing new marketing and advertising campaigns by preparing strategies, plans and objectives.
- Manage and drive communication synergies across all consumer platforms, websites, social media, PR, etc.
- Coordinate category market research projects; to leverage consumer insights.
- Build and drive the loyalty program to establish brand connections.
- Trade marketing and retail client management.
- Benchmark and understand market practices.
- Planning and organising promotional presentations.
- Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analysing and summarising sales data.
- Manage marketing collateral: update materials, inventory stock, place orders, and verify receipts.
- Support office staff by providing sales data, market trends, forecasts, account analysis, new product information and relaying services requests.
- Budgeting: Create and manage a budget for the marketing process.
- Report on budget performance every month
- Establish plans for three to five years in advance and incorporate them into the strategic business plan.
- Research/results measurement: Coordinate research activities that effectively utilise research information to develop and execute business and marketing plans.
- Work hand in hand with Residence Life teams to maximise sales potential from residence life events
- Manage the relationship with the outsourced digital agency, arrange and coordinate video and photoshoots
- Manage the outsourced website development team.
- Manage the outsourced Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team
Package & Remuneration
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time