Duties & Responsibilities
Our client is a well-established and highly regarded South African software development company that develops, supports and consults software solutions for the academic sector. With offices in Jhb and Cape Town, they are progressive with regard to their technology stack. Their solutions and services span the full range of the software development life cycle. Employees are mostly permanent and long term. They have a very low staff turnover, which is indicative of how well they are treated.
- Promoting existing brands and introducing new products to the market.
- Researching / developing marketing opportunities and plans.
- Understanding consumer requirements.
- Identifying market trends and suggesting sales and marketing processes and system improvements.
- Gathering, investigating and summarising market data and trends.
- Maintaining relationships with clients.
- Staying current in the industry by attending educational opportunities, conferences and workshops.
- Analysing budgets, preparing annual budget plans and scheduling expenditures.
- Ensuring that the sales team meets their quotas and goals.
- Ensuring CRM is updated with lead and contact information.
- Compiling CRM reports and graphs monthly.
- Potential client cold calling and compiling results.
- Organising meetings with relevant stakeholders and clients / potential clients.
- Producing / ordering marketing material and literature.
- Overseeing the management of marketing material inventories.
- Supporting marketing events, exhibitions and conferences – external and internal.
- Identifying potential content that our client may want to publish on social media.
- Linking of marketing related information to social media accounts.
- Updating and formatting of brochures.
- Overseeing / interpreting the monitoring of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and website feedback.
- Creating / maintaining social media conversation plans / calendars.
- Implementing new sales plans and advertising.
- Updating and formatting of standard proposal / quote / etc. templates.
- Drafting of quotes and proposals from standard templates.
- Following up outstanding documentation / no feedback on proposals as well as agreements sent for signature that have not been signed.
- Creating / reviewing the lead generation strategy of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Marketing or related field
Relevant Skills / Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience in sales and marketing management.
- Proven sales track record for selling software solutions and services
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity.
- Working knowledge of sales and marketing principles.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Transformative approach to leadership that inspires and empowers others.
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future.
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully.
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from upper management and potential clients.
- The use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools and CRM concepts.
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google G Suite and CRM Software.
- Experience in managing projects related to sales and marketing.
PS Even if you feel you don’t have all the skills listed or if this spec isn’t what you are looking for, feel free to send your CV as we probably have other opportunities that could interest you. For a more comprehensive and updated list of opportunities that we have on offer, do visit our website – www.parvana.co.uk
Desired Experience & Qualification