Desired Experience & Qualification
- Responsible for the on site management of all health and safety aspects of the project.
- An in-depth knowledge of legislation and procedures, familiarity in conducting analysis and reporting statistics, knowledge of potentially hazardous practice or materials.
- Ensuring the implementation of various safety programs, advising and suggesting on safety-related topics, conducting risk assessments, organizing training programs, inspecting premises, overseeing installations and safe disposals of substances, stopping unsafe activities, identifying incidents to determine the cause of accidents and preparing reports.
- Supervision of construction Safety Officers.
- Compiling the project baseline Risk Assessment.
- Facilitate the contractor safety files.
- Check on all DSTI’s (Daily Safety Task Instructions).
- Ensure all legal appointments are in place.
- Ensuring that all machine operators have teh appropriate training and competency.
- Ensuring all appointees understand their legal obligations.
- Ensuring entry and exit medicals.
- Coordinating the SHE meetings.
- Attend toolbox talks.
- Display and discuss topics based on leading indicators from the client.
- Attend all construction progress meetings.
- Incident / accident reporting and investigation.
- Report on near miss accidents.
- Compiling month end reports.
- Compiling and distribution of safety statistics.
- Coordinate monthly audits.
- Conduct dialy site inspections and partake in the monthly manageemtn VFL (Visible Felt Leadership) walk about.
Package & Remuneration
- Preferably registration with SACPCMP as a construction Safety Practitioner
- Safety Officers OHSQ
- Minerals ACT
- MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a site Safety Officer.
- Experience in the Mining and /or Process industries would be advantageous.
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Market Related