Swan iT Recruitment Ltd
Established in 1999, Swan iT Recruitment is a well established, independent recruitment consultancy, providing contract, permanent and executive search and selection solutions throughout the UK, Europe and South Africa in the SAP and IT market sectors.
To find the best candidates, you need to operate in their territory – to be where they are. At Swan iT Recruitment, we focus purely on doing just that – targeting, attracting and retaining the best applicants.
Our mission is to create valuable long-term partnerships by investing time to understand your business model, culture, values and goals, as well as vacancy requirements in order to source the best candidate, not the first candidate, for your role.
This approach is mirrored to our candidates. We believe that as a candidate, you have a unique offering, and it is our challenge and responsibility to find you the role that will allow you to grow and meet your career aspirations.
We’re not interested in just matching your skills to a job role – we commit to providing you with objective market intelligence to help you to make an informed decision about the organisation in which your personality, attitude, and ability will be most highly valued.
Duties & Responsibilities
Purpose of the Job
To manage projects to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. The ideal Project Manager must have relevant experience within the specified area.
1. Project initiation – Project charter
2. Project planning – Project management plan including:
- Project schedule
- Project budget
- Project quality plan
- Risk management plan
3. Monitoring and controlling of project execution:
- Project progress minutes including issue log, decision log and risk log
- Project status reports
- Project steering committee presentation
4. Project close – close out presentation, reports and handover
Desired Experience & Qualification
•Computer Science or Information Systems Degree/ Diploma.
•Qualification in Project Management – PMP or Prince2
•5-8 years Project Management in relevant area
• Strong experience in Projects and Project deliverables
• Has detailed practical knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and techniques with in depth knowledge of atleast one methodology (IT uses PMBoK/Agile/ASAP)
• Good knowledge of the Retail business environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines/milestones
• Strong negotiation skills
• Experience of using project tools
• Ability to manage business expectations.
• Ability to coach and mentor teammates.
• Change management