Capital Accounting Solutions
- JOB TITLE: Project Engineer
- RESPONSIBLE TO: Project Manager / Principal Engineer / Lead Engineer
- Supporting the Project Manager and Principal/Lead Engineer with any special assignments as required.
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure sound engineering is done on all work packages.
- Compile scope of works, identify suitable contractors, coordinate tender meetings and technical adjudication.
- Ensure schedules are compiled, tracked and executed as per required deadlines.
- Frequent and clear communication with end-users to ensure all requirements are met.
- Plan, coordinate and minute construction meetings for all packages.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating, monitoring and managing costs for project engineering.
- Interacting with planning, procurement, costing and production teams to meet their needs and requirements, to ensure efficient Contractor selection and order / contract placement.
- Raise engineering procurement requisitions.
- Cooperating and communicating with the Project Manager and other project participants and collaborating with stakeholders to create more efficient project methods.
- Reviewing the engineering tasks and initiating the necessary corrective actions.
- Developing specifications for the project’s needed equipment and services.
- Creating frameworks to measure the project’s metrics and data collection.
- Establishing field test methods and methods for monitoring the quality of those tests.
- Ensuring the project’s compliance with applicable codes, practices, policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensuring compliance to Anglo safety values, so to achieve zero harm.
- SPECIAL DUTIES:
- As required by the Project Manager and or Principal/Lead Engineer.
- IMMEDIATE SUBORDINATES:
- As per project charter & organisational structure.
- FUNCTIONAL CONTACTS:
- Various AAP and Anglo-American stakeholders.
- LIAISE WITH:
- Mine Engineer’s.
- Suppliers, contractors.
- Project Managers.
- Project Engineers.
- Principle Planner.
- Senior Cost Engineer.
- Cost Engineers.
- Cost Controllers.
- Project Administrators.
- Progress Meetings
- Cost Meetings
- Services Meetings
- Ad-hoc Meetings
- Contractor Meetings
Desired Experience & Qualification
ENGINEERING B.COM DEGREE – ( a MUST )
ONLY APPLY if you meet the requirements stipulated.
DO NOT take chances in wasting our time if you are not suited for this position – your CV will be discarded & flagged if you apply and you do not comply with the requirements.
Please Forward me your CV: