Joint Medical Holdings
To be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and administration of the monthly payroll, financial year-end reports, reconciliations and payments for the Group.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct accurate and timely preparation and processing of monthly and weekly payroll; including overtime, new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, deductions, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays, prepare tax reports and research and produce special reports.
- In conjunction with HR maintain pay records, time keeping data, leave records, statistics and related information.
- Liaise with HR to verify and finalize staff movements, new engagements and terminations in accordance with JMH Group and legislative requirements.
- Process all records in relation to pension fund, medical aid contributions, SARS and UIF submissions/ declarations in conjunction with HR and Finance.
- Process all records and claims in relation to Workers Compensation in conjunction with HR.
- Ensure salary-packaging benefits are managed in accordance with legislation and JMH Group policy.
- Ensures payroll deductions are recorded in the payroll system in compliance with the JMH Group and legislative requirements ie. Garnishee’s, Union subscriptions etc.
- Ensure that the monthly payroll report is confirmed and signed off by the relevant managers.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in relation to Payroll.
- Respond to and satisfy all staff queries on pay and related matters.
- In conjunction with Group HR Manager and the CFO ensure the continuous implementation and improvement of payroll policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide advice and make recommendations to ensure payroll best practice and efficient and effective use of the payroll system (Sage).
- Reviews payroll services and systems and assists in the implementation of upgrades and enhancements to ensure continuous improvement of the Payroll Department.
- Ensure the monthly payroll is processed on a timely basis thereby mitigating any consequent negative impact across the Group.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum 3 to 5 years payroll experience in a high volume, large sized organization.
- Proven track record of managing payroll systems (Sage People) and processes and applying to system requirements.
- Hospital and/or healthcare experience.
- Relevant experience of gathering and interpreting complex requirements relating to external agencies, e.g. pension providers.
- Substantial experience in using a complex computerised payroll system involving all aspects of payroll.
- Substantial experience of producing computerised payroll-related management information reports. Extensive and detailed knowledge of payroll systems, payroll practices and principles and taxation. Ability to work without immediate supervision and in a team environment.
- Ability to handle and process sensitive information.
- Tact, diplomacy and assertiveness in applying policies.
- Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office suite of products, in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word.