Nursing/ Cruise Ship Nursing roles within the Medical Department, of our client, a large, leading Cruise Line, is available from 2022.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Nurse aboard the Cruise ship, your primary responsibilities will consist of GP style clinics in the morning as well as in the afternoon. Nurses will also be treating all types of ailments, sicknesses, and health problems – from sun burn to cardiac arrests. The candidate will require A&E or ICU experience to look after patients.
- Provide day-to-day health care to passengers and crew members aboard the cruise ship
- Assisting in daily healthcare operations
- Provide first aid care for all medical emergencies aboard the ship.
- Assisting the doctors on board during clinic hours
- Initiating nursing intervention for all non-urgent patients.
- Calculating and administering medication as per Doctor’s prescription/orders
- Filling out accident and injury reports
- Assisting the Doctors with procedures and treatments
- Documenting all nursing interventions and observations
- Set up of treatment rooms
- Checking and maintenance of emergency equipment
- Maintaining of established par levels of supplies and medications
Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualification & Experience Requirements:
- Valid Passport
- Nursing Degree
- Current medical registration in one of the following countries:
- European Union Countries
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United States of America
- Minimum 3 years post qualification experience
- Minimum 6 months experience within A&E or ICU, within the last 3 years
- IELTS/OET English language test
- Training in ASL (Advance Life Support) is Preferable
In addition, the candidate be willing to travel aboard cruise ships.
Package & Remuneration
- Unique opportunity to travel the world
- Annual Travel allowance for travel to and from the candidate’s country of residence
- Training days provided to all Medical Officers
- Private Cabin with Steward service
- All meals, accommodation and uniform will be provided.
- Various other benefits.
Salary: ZAR 579 500 – ZAR 779 700 per annum.
Contract Type: 2-year contract.
Duration: 12 weeks on/ 6 weeks off.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted.
Brought to You by AGC Medical Recruitment