MEDICAL REGISTRAR – OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY
- Reference Number : refs/012778
- Directorate : OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R833 523. per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Dr Nkongolo, HOU, Department of ENT, (011) 4890739
- Appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practitioner and proof of current registration required with the HPCSA. The incumbent must fulfil departmental requirement of having enough Surgical and Intensive Care experience. Applicant must also have passed Part I (ENT primary exams with the College of Medicine of South Africa ” CMSA” and part IIa (Intensive care exams of CMSA). Minimum 6 months of ENT experience is necessary
- The Successful candidate will work under supervision of other senior Doctors in the department of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. Ability to perform commuted overtime after hours and weekends including public holidays. After hours, calls might require to drive to all 4 hospitals depending on Witwatersrand University namely: Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital, Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital, Helen Joseph Hospital and lastly Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital. The daily activity would include admitting patients regardless of venue of entrance to hospital, organizing working files with all charts required. Collections of various specimen or delegate junior members of staff to do the job until their delivery to laboratory. Search various results and their respective correction in case of any abnormality detected. Doing of ordinary, teaching and academic grand ward round with spirit of maximizing in both patient delivery and as well highest learning expectations. Participate in all surgical activities and being ready to learn. Keep high standard of operation all the time. Being involved in patients discharge decision and respective Discharge summary drafting, giving adequate review appointments to patients taking into consideration all social challenges. Being able to play a major role at weekly outpatient clinic, generate academic discussion and being able to adequately know each and every patient to be operated. Also the Registrar should be able to optimise patient before date of operation to avoid unnecessary cancellation of booked procedures. Being able to attend to all emergencies regardless of the time. Lastly, the Registrar should participate to any academic activities including research within our department. It is important to emphasise that the Registrar would be required to annually register with the university as per routine in the department, pay the prescribed fees annually, present the MMED protocol before being allowed to write the Final Fellowship Exam. The contract is signed for 4 years with no intention to extend. Advice and supervise medical students and nursing staff. Review of current literature and research. Participate in research within the department, to improve Knowledge and clinical outcomes. Participate in research within the department, to improve Knowledge and clinical outcomes.
- Applications should be submitted on a duly completed New Z83 form (obtainable from any government department) with an update CV attached. Certified copies of ID and qualification should also be attached (certification should not be more than six months old). Smart ID must be photocopied on both sides. Certified copy of registration with HPCSA as Medical Practitioner as well as proof of current registration by means of current HPCSA card. Failure to submit all requested certified document will result in application not being considered. Applications should be forwarded to Helen Joseph hospital, Admin Building, Perth Road, Auckland park. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members be subjected to Personnel Suitability Check (PSC)- verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification entails referent checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record check as well as a credit/financial stability check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Helen Joseph Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date : 11-02-2022
|Do you have appropriate qualification that allows registration with the HPCSA as a Medical Practictioner?|
|Do you have proof of current HPCSA registration?|
|Do you have a minimum of 6 months ENT experience?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.
MEDICAL REGISTRAR – OTORHINOLARYNGOLOGY -Helen Joseph Hospital Government Vacancies 2022