Our client, one of the leading full service Law Firms, is urgently looking to employ a Legal Technology Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
KPA’s will be (but not limited to):
- Advise internal stakeholders on appropriate legal technology to meet their requirements.
- Conceptualise and deliver solutions for internal stakeholders and clients using legal technology such as transaction management and collaboration platforms, artificial intelligence for contract review, eDiscovery, and document automation.
- Responsible for assessing stakeholder legal technology needs, understanding individual use cases, documenting requirements, conceptualizing solutions, developing proof of concepts, liaising with third party vendors and the IT team, deployment, training and ongoing support, where required.
- Responsible for transaction management and collaboration platform services, eDiscovery and AI for contract review. Includes liaising with third party vendors, site set up, support and ongoing maintenance.
- Responsible for document automation services, including evaluating needs, conceptualising, designing, and overseeing the building and testing of automated documents.
- Involves responsibility for the quality assurance of templates, ensuring adherence to the firm’s
governance standards, training and ongoing technical support as required.
- Responsible for other aspects of existing legal technology and systems administration, including the development of standard operating procedures and user guides, and vendor relationship management.
- Continuously research the market for legal technology developments, new products and services.
- Influence lawyer knowledge, and use, of available legal technology and drive adoption.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with legal practitioners and their clients.
- Build good relationships with and manage relationships with third party vendors of legal technology.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the Legal Services Centre team who will be the primary internal users of Legal Technology team services.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the Knowledge Lawyers, Knowledge & Learning Partners and Head of Knowledge & Innovation.
- Act as a subject matter expert to these primary stakeholders in relation to document automation services.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the Innovation Management team.
- Act as subject matter expert to the Innovation Management team in assessing new legal technology ideas.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with the Delivery Improvement team.
- Act as subject matter expert to the Delivery Improvement team.
- Support other aspects of the firm’s continuous improvement and efficiency strategy.
- 4-year Degree / NQF level 7
- Engineering Sciences – IT & Computer Science
- Engineering Sciences – System Engineer
- Up to 8 Years’ Experience in a similar role
- Experience in a Law Firm
- Experience in Support Service (Document Automation)
**Kindly be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**
Package & Remuneration
R 900000 – R 950000 – Annually