Multi National Investment Company is looking for an Junior Investment Analyst to join their Cape Town office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Investment analyst who wants to “Make a difference” on the African Continent.
The Analyst will provide support to the Southern Africa regional team by helping to identify, analyse, structure and deliver prospective investments. There will also be the opportunity to assist in group wide processes including quarterly reporting.
This role will suite an Investment analyst with 1-3 years experience in the private equity / investment industry. Exposure to African markets such as: Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia is highly beneficial.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Analyst will provide support for region specific investment identification, analysis, due diligence, and portfolio management. This will specifically cover investments in Malawi, Mozambique and Zambia. Responsibilities will include:
- supporting the preparation of key investment documents, including investment appraisals, legal agreements (e.g. shareholders agreement, loan documents, etc.) and on-going impact and financial performance monitoring reports;
- supporting the development of financial models for existing and new investments, including working and collaborating with other team members and investees as necessary;
- conducting market and macro-economic research to support investment decisions;
- conducting detailed fundamental and credit analysis of prospective and existing investees;
- helping to prepare and present investment proposals to Senior Management Team and Board of Directors, as well as third party investors and partners;
- undertaking programme administration including meeting minute-taking, tracking project expenditure against budget for individual investments, and weekly country cash-flows.
- managing regular impact monitoring of specific investments or regional portfolios. This may include managing the review of quarterly financial statements provided by sponsors, supporting the completion of annual monitoring and evaluation (M&E) reports from sponsors, and helping to aggregate country- and regional-level impact results for comparison against log frame targets.
- Supporting all regional teams in the preparation and delivery of their quarterly portfolio reporting, involving managing investment-related data on KPIs, financial results and performance.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Experience and Educational Requirements :
Interested candidates that meet the following requirements should consider applying:
- Preference will be granted for candidates with relevant professional qualifications (CFA, MBA/CA)
- Analysts will be expected to have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a relevant area (e.g. impact investing, investment banking, private equity, financial consulting or similar).
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, as well as excellent data analysis/ quantitative skills. Strong applicants will offer experience of building and reviewing DCF financial models in packages such as Microsoft Excel.
- An interest and passion for working in African development, with experience living and working in sub-Saharan Africa preferred. Candidates must also demonstrate in their applications a clear motivation to work and travel in Africa.