PL Steel Services (Pty) LTD
A growing company on the East Rand is seeking an IT Technician to join the team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install and configure Windows 10 on company computers.
- Assemble desktop computers for company when required.
- Change RAM and Hard Drives in Laptop computers.
- Install software on computers.
- Troubleshoot issues on computers.
- Monitor servers on a daily basis.
- Swap out external back-up drives on a daily basis.
- Setup and deploy Virtual machines.
- Configure and manage file servers.
- Add, Manage and delete users on the Office365 admin centre.
- Assign licences to users and devices.
- Review quarantined items in the security centre.
- Perform message trace
- Ensure security of Office36
- Add, Manage and delete users on Active Directory.
- Create and manage organisational units.
- Ensure users have appropriate permissions to perform their tasks.
- Add computers to Active Directory.
- Add devices to Active Directory via LDAP.
- Install various Linux distributions on desktops and servers.
- Install software via Graphical user interface and terminal.
- Basic understanding of the terminal and commands.
- Troubleshoot issues on Linux systems.
- Understanding of wired and wireless networks.
- Basic understanding of fibre optic networks and components.
- View, modify and reserve IP addresses on DHCP server.
- Manage Wireless Access Points throughout the company.
- Add devices to the Wireless Access Points.
- Install and maintain network cables and network points.
- Manage and monitor company network to ensure optimum performance.
- Setup and maintain VOIP telephones and devices within the company.
- Deal with company VOIP provider.
- Troubleshoot issues related to VOIP phones.
- Configure and manage Mobile devices such as Android and Apple IOS for the company.
- Manually configure networking (if required)
- Install apps on mobile devices when required.
- Troubleshoot devices.
- Understand current best practice regarding Cyber Security.
- Ability to spot Phishing attacks.
- Follow least privileges principal.
- Ensure security software is working on all endpoints.
- Monitor Endpoint software on a daily basis.
- Apply updates and patches to fix vulnerabilities in devices.
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Configure, maintain and monitor company CCTV system.
- Install, configure and maintain Multifunction Printers.
- Monitor cartridge and toner levels.
- Troubleshoot these devices.
- Ensure IT equipment is locked up especially portable devices like laptops and monitors.
- Ensure spare or unused equipment is stored away.
- Maintain an asset register of all IT equipment.
- Maintain an asset register for software and licences.
- Monitor and attend to issues via the helpdesk.
- Complete projects and tasks within a deadline.
- Communicate and follow up with suppliers to ensure they deliver within deadlines.
- Prioritise important tasks.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Must have at least 3 – 5 years as an IT Technician
- Must have 3 – 5 years server experience
- Office 365 administration
- 3 – 5 years networking experience
- Linux experience
- Windows 10 & Mac experience
- VoIP experience
- VMware experience
- VNC management
- Pastel evolution