MPC Recruitment - Johannesburg
- To conduct forensic regulatory investigations within the financial services industry (financial markets, insurance, collective investment schemes, hedge funds, pension funds and financial and advisory services)
- Take responsibility for the regulatory and enforcement action, following from such investigations. Persons appointed to these positions will report to the Senior Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessing complaints and new cases for further action.
- Creating and executing clear, focused, and efficient investigation plans with reasonable timelines.
- Conducting quality investigations (gathering all relevant, admissible evidence and proper analysis of the evidence);
- Taking responsibility for the execution of all enforcement actions, including the drafting of all enforcement documentation presentation to enforcement meetings, debarments, withdrawal of licences and administrative penalties
Desired Experience & Qualification
- LLB, Accounting, or Forensic orientated degree,
- Least 5 years’ experience in litigation, prosecution, forensic investigation, or forensic accounting;
- Admitted attorney or advocate (for law incumbents)
- A good knowledge and understanding of the law of evidence (admissibility; documentary and computer-generated evidence)
- Financial sector will be an advantage
Package & Remuneration
- Poven interviewing skills, a confident and decisive approach particularly in difficult situations must be a person with a high level of judgement and integrity; and must be able to carry out duties independently, impartially, and objectively.
- Candidates must be able to draft investigation reports, with findings properly supported by cross-referenced evidence.