An Innovative Company is seeking a Intermediate Software Developer that is required to design, implement, test , deploy & maintain software systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyse task requirements to understand deliverables.
- Create and maintain a development environment for coding and testing.
- Write efficient, high-quality, high-performance, well formatted & commented, maintainable code.
- Ensure cross platform compatibility of code.
- Design & modify database schema’s and write complex SQL queries.
- Plan, code and implement with the end user experience and interface in mind.
- Rapidly rectify blocker bugs.
- Perform intensive testing of tasks to ensure that they are free of errors and function as required.
- Proactively identify bugs and possible enhancements to the system.
- Regularly update the Issue Tracking System for the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System or similar.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience as a Senior Developer in creating, debugging & updating software applications.
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases.
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Understanding of internet & related protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST, SFTP).
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate at a technical as well as at a business level.
- A strong sense of pride and personal accountability.
- Prioritise and respond rapidly to requirements.
- Ability to work under stress
- Exposure to Linux, Apache, GIT & Issue Tracking systems (preferably JIRA).
- Exposure to Agile methodologies. • Proven experience with systems security principles-
Package & Remuneration
R30 000 – R40 000