Hadeco, in its 75th year of operations, is an international leader in the breeding, raising, growing and worldwide distribution of flower bulbs, fresh cut flowers and laboratory-invitro produced plant material.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Position Overview/Purpose
- Required to perform a full generalist payroll administration function, which includes legislation, leave, payments of casual staff, filing, and ensure accuracy of payroll inputs.
- Required to meet tight deadlines, to be accurate, to follow policies and procedures and to interact with members of the staff, management, external companies/agencies associated with Hadeco and members of the public.
- Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the collation and submission of documentation for payroll.
- Preparing and collecting input data.
- Send to the Human Resource manager to approve all input data.
- Changes to the company parameters, methods etc.
- Add new appointed employees and terminate employees.
- Modify employee fixed information.
- Obtain personal information and ensure that relevant documentation is completed.
- Capture employee details on to the Payroll system.
- Weekly and monthly input.
- Processing of payroll.
- Month end payroll run.
- Check and Print Payslips.
- Monthly processing of EMP201 on SARS and payroll system.
- Bi Annual Processing of EMP501 on SARS and payroll system.
- Run year end on payroll and submission to SARS.
- Processing and Generation of IRP5s.
- Making backups and arrange for safekeeping.
- Maternity processing and UIF forms as well as updating employee information on the UIF online system
- Yearly submission of Return of earnings.
- Process IOD claims. Create and maintain an effective monitoring system to provide progress feedback to all concerned.
- Monitor and produce a monthly audit all-inclusive leave report and distribute for management action on all staff who have negative and excessive leave balances.
- Complete leave audit ensuring BCEA and policy compliance.
- Process monthly HR reports, and other related statistical reports required by management.
- Audit exception reports to ensure compliance with the timekeeping system and legislation.
- Adhere to all personnel administration policies, processes, systems and procedures, ensuring that personnel records are accurate and updated.
- Advise on changes to implement to ensure best practice and operation efficiency.
- Apply basic knowledge of organisational salary structures, scales and ranges for staff to prepare letters of offer (basic salary, overtime and benefit allowances), to calculate annual/interim salary increases in line with Remuneration policies and procedures, and to handle routine payroll queries.
- Create and maintain an appropriate filing system to ensure an accurate record of all reports and other documents is maintained
- Archive personnel files.
- File employee personnel records.
- Attend promptly and politely to all payroll related queries from internal and external customers telephonically, in person and in writing as appropriate.
- Direct customers efficiently and politely to the correct source where it is not possible to deal with queries.
- Generate and update a birthday list regularly for distribution to all management on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the compilation of the workplace skills report, annual training report and the skills development plan.
- Ensure that training registers are captured on the Sage Payroll System.
- Assist with Human Resources related projects on an ad hoc basis as required
- Assume responsibility for own personal and professional development
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- 5 years proven track record as a payroll administrator.
- Proficiency in Sage VIP Payroll, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Good working knowledge of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Practical working knowledge of HR information and payroll/benefits administration systems to capture, access and extract data from a range of different HR databases/files
- Knowledge of Remuneration structures
In the event of any physical or psychological limitation that may impair the employees ability to perform the required job function, the employee must consult the employer for reasonable accommodation.
Package & Remuneration
Competitive and market related salary package with added medical aid and retirement fund contributions.
- Professional flexibility in working hours while supporting daily business hours.
- Will interact with internal and external customers through several different means.
- Situated in the tranquil suburb of Little Falls.
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Little Falls
Salary: Competitive market related