Principal Personnel Officer
- Reference Number : refs/013114
- Directorate : Human Resource Management
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 261 372.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Enquiries: Mr PL Modise Telephone: (011) 489 0241
- Grade 12 or equivalent with minimum 10 years’ experience in human resources management or National Diploma / Degree at NQF level 6 in Human Resources Development / Management or relevant qualification plus 3 – 5 years’ experience in performance management and training & development as well as experience in the Public Service. PERSAL certificate. Valid Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel.
- Provide an effective and efficient human resources administration service to the staff within the hospital. Administer appointments. Facilitate the MMS and SMS salary package structuring. Provide support and supervision of HR Practitioners and interns. Participate in orientation and induction programme. Conduct HR presentations. Support administration of injury on duty cases. Implementation of probation and confirmation of employment processes. Train and transfer skills to junior HR staff members. Monitor effective implementation of salary and personnel administration. Provide inputs for audit findings on HR legislation, circulars, resolutions and agreements. Ensure adherence to Human Resource delegations. Effective management of conditions of services (PILIR, overtime, service termination and leave). Provide monthly reports. Assume acting responsibilities in the absence of the supervisor / manager. COMPETENCIES: Ability to communicate well with people at different levels. Ability to work under pressure and report writing skills. Knowledge of the prescripts regarding human resources. Written as well as verbal communication, conflict management, planning and organising, problem solving, attention to detail, computer literacy. Knowledge of OSD and translation of staff. Problem and conflict resolution
- Helen Joseph Tertiary Hospital is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability and gender. The Institutional Employment Equity Plan will be considered in the process in filling this post. Applications must be submitted on a New Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s, Identity document (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). N.B. Failure to attach relevant certified documents will result in your application disqualified. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993 and security clearance check with South African Police Services or other relevant state agencies, reference check and verification of qualifications will be conducted. Applications must be hand delivered to Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Basement, Johannesburg or can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resources department. There is also a dedicated Applications Box at the Hospital Entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : Helen Joseph Hospital
Closing Date : 18-02-2022
|Do you have PERSAL certificate?|
|Do you have a minimum of ten (10) years experience in Human Resource Management?|
|Do you have a valid Drivers Licence?|