Multinational FMCG client who is expanding requires a Head of Operations for their growing business. The successful incumbent will have a strong Plant Operations experience including Quality,Compliance; Processes and Efficiencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Liaise with Managing Director to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
• Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service and Production Teams within the business to ensure smooth progress
• Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
• Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
• Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
• Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
• Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
• Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
• Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
• Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
• Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
• Guide the sustainable change, performance improvement and career development of the Internal Sales, Supply Chain, Facilities, Transport and Warehouse teams.
• Daily execution of best in class customer service levels and product availability, high quality on time in full delivery and optimal management of human and financial resources.
• Budgeting and Forecasting
• Create, implement and refresh the functional strategic plan and implement appropriate programs to address evolving business requirements or issues, collaborating with Group and other divisions, regions, carriers, freight forwarders and other supply chain partners.
• Constantly review external trends and identify internal opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Align development plans for managers to the functional strategic plan to create structure, accountability, responsibility and focus.
• Oversee routine, disciplined operational reviews that cascade through the organization to all levels enabling rapid escalation of issues for resolution and improved performance.
• Achieve all agreed targets for People (safety, absence, engagement), Customer Service (OTIF, serviceability), Business Process (order fill rate, forecast accuracy, waste management), Financial (OPEX, CAPEX, inventory days) and other metrics.
• Leverage available resources and set the benchmark for project management, planning and execution using Lean, ‘right first time’ approaches to eliminate waste and failure.
• Lead the implementation, ongoing management and effectiveness of the Sales and Operations Planning program.
• Promote and develop tight integration between planning, logistics and other operations areas and optimize performance in schedule attainment, adherence and on time delivery.
• Ensure capacity and capability plans for staffing levels, IT solutions and outsourcing are timely, cost effective, operationally effective and support customer requirements.
• Guide Information System strategy and development for Supply Chain Operations, including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Forecasting and Transportation Management.
• Ensure distribution warehouses are sized, designed and staffed properly in line with future requirements for volume, handling, storage, shipping and value-added service.
• Ensure appropriate process controls and documentation are in place at suppliers.
• Perform all company business in accordance with regulations, company policies and procedures and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with business contacts in order to maintain the Business reputation within the community.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Minimum completed Degree relevant to Manufacturing/Production/Engineering
- Understands market dynamics as well as the legal and regulatory landscape.
- Confident, articulate and able to influence at all levels with exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of supply chain management principles, ERP, WMS, transport routing software and Lean implementation.
- Senior level manufacturing/production/engineering/supply chain and logistics experience with a track record of operational service level and efficiency improvement.
- Proven ability to lead and manage complex projects within timeline and budgetary constraints across functional areas.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgment.
• Broad knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet, ROI.
• Experience in South Africa within the FMCG sector.
• 10 Years at Senior Level
• Sales and operational planning (demand planning, Sales & Production reporting)
• Procurement (Vendor management, Logistics co-ordination and contract packing)
• Capex Co-ordination and Project Management
• Plant Operations including Quality and Compliance; Processes and Efficiencies
Package & Remuneration
Market Related with Benefits.