Santam Insurance - Head Office
WHO WE ARE:
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals, we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.
Please note that this appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity targets.
WHAT DOES THE TEAM MANAGER DO?
Santam Operations, Commercial Contact centre have an opportunity available for a Team Manager who will be based in Cape Town, Bellville. The Team Manager will manage a team of contact centre consultants. Ensuring that the team reaches target(s) by monitoring individual performance on a constant basis. The team manager should also be knowledgeable on all aspects of the products, systems and processes. Mentors the team and gives constant real-time support in terms of query resolution.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE?
- Builds and maintains a high performing team which consistently delivers a “Wow” customer experience in terms of care, professionalism, knowledge and contact resolution
- Facilitates the sharing of best practice across teams to enable the delivery of high performance and the enhancement of the customer experience
- Inspires, leads, engages, coaches, develops and motivates a team of dynamic and successful customer-facing agents to deliver the best service in the insurance industry
- Manages people related matters i.e. attendance, absence and attrition within the team to ensure service level contributions are met/exceeded
- Manages and improves performance by focusing on strengths in staff performance as well as development areas to identify causes and issues and to work on addressing gaps
- and/or through written correspondence
- Ensure efficiency of service productivity and performance in the contact centre through the achievement of agreed quality assessment ratios and turn-around times
- Improve customer satisfaction, experience and insight
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Deliver exceptional customer service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions
- Ensuring achievement of underwriting and profitability objectives through internal processes.
- Maintenance of expert knowledge on specific products, pricing, application procedure, processing and timelines in order to drive and achieve relevant product and service targets
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Matric (Grade 12)
- 2-3 years’ people management experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in an operational environment (preferably within the short-term insurance industry)
- A relevant short-term insurance related qualification will be advantageous
- FAIS compliance (NQF Level 4) – with credits in commercial or personal lines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Drive service targets
- Coaching, quality and compliance
- Reporting and communication
- Management of employees
- Directs work
- Decision quality
- Interpersonal savvy
- Plans and aligns