Advanced Projects & People
At APP we provide managed services for end user computing, ICT resourcing, project management and consultation with some of the biggest companies in South Africa, across multiple industries and verticals. We are offering a position to a Level 1 Service Desk Agent to join our dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigating desktop related incidents.
- Providing remote support to all users utilising the given remote tools, by resolving all non-hardware related incidents recorded in Service Now.
- Assisting with Incident and Problem management by identifying and reporting re-occurring errors/problems to the relevant support parties.
- Identifying and reflecting in Service First all Domain controllers that are offline and re-assigning incidents to the x86 support team for assistance.
- Identifying and reflecting in Service First all switched and/or routers that are offline and re-assigning these incidents to the relevant support teams.
- Identifying and reflecting in Services First all regions where problems are being experienced on the WAN for whatever reasons and re-assigning these incidents to the relevant support teams.
- Ensuring that all incidents logged in Service First are resolved remotely within the back-office’s service level agreement.
- Ensuring that incidents logged in Service First that cannot be resolved remotely, are re-assigned to the relevant parties timeously.
- Attending to all problem related incidents that have been logged in Service First by the Service Desk front office and not resolved within the set service level agreement.
- Ensuring that staff members are informed/updated regarding the status of their outstanding and unresolved incidents, and that the possible issues are escalated timeously to all the relevant parties.
- Investigating and analysing root causes as well as problem re-occurrences, in order to assist with Incident and Problem management.
- Monitoring and delivering Service Desk outputs.
- Utilising various resources to resolve critical and complex system incidents within the Group and analysing, recommending and implementing solutions to complex incidents using their specialist in-depth knowledge.
- Assist in determining/identifying the root cause of an incident.
- Restore/resolve the incident remotely or re-assign it to the applicable area for further
investigation and resolution.
- Escalating to management in said event/circumstances as described above.
- Call closure notification and timely ticket updates.
- Re-assigning unresolved incidents to the relevant call coordinators for resolution by Field
support (vendor) and/or other relevant support groups.
- Enhancing customer experience and relationship, by ensuring services are delivered with high customer satisfaction, in other words resolve first time, every time. Follow up and ensure that the incident is resolved.
- Re-assigning and tracking problem incidents. Should it be necessary for other internal/external specialist support groups or 3rd parties to assist in resolving the incident, ensure that up-skilling takes pace accordingly.
- Providing workstations related support for retail as well as the corporate environment.
Working together as a team to reach department/team’s goals by respecting, trusting and
assisting each other.
- Participating in user acceptance testing and providing management with feedback to be able to provide the necessary support.
- Recommending changes in internal and external processes which will result in improved service delivery.
- Working together as a team to improve service delivery.
- Utilising Service Now to provide the relevant support.
Years of Experience Required
- 3 years relevant experience
- Minimum National Diploma in IT / MCSE