Santam Insurance - Head Office
WHO WE ARE:
Santam is the market leader in the general insurance industry in Southern Africa. We are a large, diversified, expanding and transforming company and whilst based in South Africa, we are rapidly moving into a number of emerging markets, both in Africa and Asia.
Our success is rooted in our passion for our clients and everything we do is centered on our delivery of Insurance Good and Proper. We’re about people. People drive our business so it follows that we want to recruit the best people possible whether they work for us permanently or for a short time as temporary employees.
At Santam we are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society. In achieving our employment equity goals we give preference to applicants from the designated groups in alignment with the Divisions Employment Equity targets.
Please note that this appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity targets.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
The successful candidates will offer world class products and services to clients, whilst achieving sales targets in an outbound call centre environment.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE?
- Consistently meeting sales targets.
- Adherence to Quality Assurance processes (Compliance with all relevant internal and external rules e.g. TCF, CPA and internal Sales processes).
- Offering outstanding customer experience.
- Strict adherence to workforce scheduling.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed Grade 12
- RE Certificate
- Minimum 30 Personal Lines Short-term Insurance credits (advantageous)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a sales outbound call centre
- Fluent in English and one other official language
- Compliance with FAIS Fit and Proper criteria i.e. minimum experience and competency requirements
- Be available to work shifts as well as overtime
- Solid sales track record.
- Solid out-bound call centre experience and skills
- Leads warm-up and cold-calling will be mandatory
- Knowledge of short-term insurance processes, procedures and business rules advantageous.
- Clean track record in terms of adherence to quality standards and compliance
- Consistent target achievement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent English communication & writing skills
- Strong relationship, negotiating and networking skills
- Ability to influence
- Communicates effectively
- Action oriented
- Situational adaptability