To create a detailed summary of large amounts of data where decision-makers look at the reports and take quick decisions based on the insights provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Power BI training for local staff as well as back-end database transition support
- Publish and schedule automated refreshes per business requirements
- Develop tabular and multidimensional models that follow industry best practice
- Develop visual reports, dashboards, & KPIs in Power BI
- Develop custom visuals for specific data in Power BI
- Integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded like Power BI service or API automation
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills for translating data into meaningful visualizations
- Work with other analysts and data engineers to identity and understand source data system & business requirements for solutions delivery
- Participate in investigation of new technology solutions and selection of new technologies, consult on requirements, building prototypes
- Implement row level security on data and productionize
- Write SQL queries to connect to data sources
- Design, development, and test Power BI solutions
- Understand business requirements and choose a data model that best fits user needs, customizing when needed.
- DAX experience – part of Power BI.
- SQL Server experience – ability to write complex queries.
- Working knowledge of Power Queries.
- MS Power BI suite (Power Query/M/DAX)
- 2+ years of experience with Power BI development delivering complex reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Industry experience is preferred
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, SSRS,)
Desired Experience & Qualification
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field