Manganese Metal Company Pty Ltd
In this position, the job incumbent will be part of the engineering planning team at MMC and play an important role in working closely with various engineering teams and other departments to achieve the desired equipment uptime and efficiency through effective maintenance planning and execution of maintenance plant wide. This position is a great opportunity for the incumbent to display their skills in resolving challenges associated with maintenance planning and scheduling. The job requires a self-starter, energetic individual and a doer.
MMC operates on a 24hr/365day basis. Success in this role happens through effective utilisation of staff and equipment in the working environment. Work planning and risk assessments will form part of your daily routine.
MMC offers a fast paced and dynamic working environment, where the person will have an opportunity to support MMC in keeping up with the industry standards and play a vital role in influencing the changes required to be on par with the industry standards. The Individual will most importantly enjoy the satisfaction of being part of the world’s only team that delivers the MMC brand of Electrolytic Manganese Metal (EMM) to our niche customers all over the world, directly from the lovely Mbombela, in Mpumalanga
Duties & Responsibilities
The job incumbent will plan, lead and control computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) engineering maintenance activities.
- Support the achievement of the operational plan.
- Co-develop, maintain and implement the maintenance plan.
- Ensure that plant and equipment is fully maintained.
- Manage the CMMS system.
- Maintenance shut management.
- Adherence and compliance to all HSEQ legislation, policy & procedures.
- Adhere to cost control measures.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
Minimum Experience & Qualification
- N3 Engineering Qualification.
- Computer literacy (Intermediate).
- Relevant trade certificate (i.e. mechanical/electrical/civils etc.).
- RCM (Reliability Centre Maintenance)/OMM (Optimal Maintenance Mix) training.
- Code 8 driver’s licence.
- 4 years’ relevant working experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Experience in a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) and
- Project planning.
- Office and Plant based (exposed to hazardous chemicals and biological agents).
- Limited travelling required (National).
- Standby required.
- Deciding & initiating action
- Working with people
- Applying expertise & technology
- Learning & researching
- Planning & organising
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Following instructions & procedures
- Attention to detail