Our client requires the services of a Technology Integrator (Senior)
- Amazing brand with cutting edge technology
- Excellent teams in Global team collaboration
- High work-life balance with Flexible hours
- Agile working environment
POSITION: Contract until December 2024
COMMENCEMENT: As soon as possible
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solution design involving all stakeholders (Business/Business Analysts/Developers/UI/UX).
- Design solutions that are scalable, catering for requirements for various international markets (80% standard and 20% customizable), with functionality encapsulated in APIs that can be integrated with legacy/other systems, and frontends that are expandable.
- Participate in stand-ups and meet with end users and other stakeholders and gather requirements together with Business analysts.
- Analyse and implement new system requirements specifications.
- Ensure that all processes are investigated / considered in obtaining the specifications of the user requirements.
- Propose and review system designs and evaluate alternatives.
- Review and present proposals / system solutions to Velocity Internal Team and Product Owner / Business team.
- Detailed technical documentation relevant to all stakeholders.
- Assist with generating a breakdown of user stories to estimate technical delivery and manage those deliverables with the technical team.
- Assist developers in developing systems/solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements.
- Code review of developer outputs.
- Assist with identifying and mitigating risks on the project.
- System testing / parallel runs and assist QA in testing systems/solutions.
- Troubleshoot technical issues, provide guidance and direction to technical team when required.
- Analyse, troubleshoot, and fix Defects on all environments.
- Deployment & release activities.
- Production support & hyper-care after production deployments.
- System audits/quality assurance.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- South African citizens/residents are preferred.
- Applicants with valid work permits will also be considered.
- Degree in IT or relevant experience
- 8+ years Experience
- Agile working experience (Mandatory)
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in development (Backend & Frontend experience and knowledge and custom digital solution development).
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Technical Solutions Architect.
- Experience with software design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow Java code
- Experience with the following technologies:
- AWS Cloud (migration of applications to the cloud, deployment on AWS, development on AWS)
- Microservice Development
- Java 7 & 8+
- Angular 5+
- HTML 5
- CSS (SCSS)
- AJAX & REST
- At least one Relational Database experience (POSTGRES, SQL)
- At least one Document Database experience (MONGO, ELASTIC)
- Freestanding Component Development (POLYMER etc.)
- REST services, RESTful APIs
- SOAP services
- Java Logging frameworks
- Java Persistence Framework
- Functional Java
- JSON and XML with Schema
- HTTP Authentication, and Encryption with SSL
- HTTP Session management and persistence
- SQL with DB2, Postgres
- Continuous integration
- Swagger / Postman / SoapUI
- Git with Bitbucket, Code versioning (Git/SVN)
- Jenkins with Build Pipelines
- Code quality with Sonar
- Jasmin & Carmen with unit and integration tests
- Integration with 3rd party systems
- Performing production and integration deployments
- Troubleshooting deployments
- Debugging remote services
- Environment management (highly advantageous)
- Spring Boot (highly advantageous)
- Docker (highly advantageous)
- Kubernetes (advantageous)
- Knowledge of other programming languages and tools (advantageous)
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Midrand/Menlyn/Rosslyn/Home Office rotation