My client based in Cape Town (Northern Suburbs) is currently looking for a Full Stack Developer to join them on a permanent basis
All applicants need to be fully vaccinated
- Delivery leadership
- Definition of solution high-level design options based on client requirements
- Solution design refinement via prototyping
- Completion of detailed design, modelling and/or data management deliverables in accordance with the Clients architectural and design standards, based on architectural design guidance
- Facilitation of design trade-off decisions
- Creation of role specific design standards, patterns and principles
- Completion of deliverables required to and gaining architectural design approval (including engagement with architectural governance stakeholders and forums, presentation)
- Development and engineering
- Engineering of complex solutions leveraging and abiding by the Clients and leading practice standards
- Timeous completion of all activities associated to leading practice engineering standards and release management
- Timeous completing of code reviews for of Junior developers and completion of governance and design review requirements
- Planning and completion of all tasks to land and deliver solutions (Including environment preparation, software installation, configuration, etc.)
- Mentor Junior Full Stack Developers
- Stakeholder engagement, and requirements definition
- Analyzing business and/or system requirements, with the assistance of key Foundation, Data Platform and/or customer team members
- Engagement with Data Platform, Architecture and Foundation, the Clients and value stream stakeholders as required to analyze requirements and/or constraints
- Documentation of outcomes leveraging the Client’s architectural and design standards, based on architectural design guidance
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, Engineering, or another quantitative field / National Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline preferred
- 3- 8 years related experience
- Application and data engineering background with a solid background in SQL is required
- Data architecture design and delivery experience preferred
- Database technologies (e.g., SAP Hana, Teradata or similar) and database development (Views, Functions and Stored Procedure development)
- Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie and Impala
- Object-oriented/object functional scripting languages – Python, Java, Scala or related
- ETL tools (e.g., SAP Data Services)
- Event / Streaming based data pipelines (e.g., Kafka or Nifi)
- Data warehousing (Kimball and Data Vault patterns are preferred) and dimensional data modelling (OLAP and MDX experience)
- IT Data Analysis
- Database Knowledge and Monitoring
- Data Security
- Risk Management
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Client Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drives Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Resilience – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Plans and Aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manages Complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Organizational savvy – Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Optimizes work processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
If you are ready for the next exciting step in your career, and would like to apply, please send us your updated CV to review