MPC Recruitment -Umhlanga
A leading national manufacturer requires a Financial Director to join their team based in Durban. The job purpose is to maintain full control of the financial/administration department. Maintain & review internal controls & implement best practice.
Duties & Responsibilities
PRODUCTION & PRODUCT
Manage Financial/Administration Department & Staff
- Efficient performance
- Motivated staff
- Budget compliance
- Accurate accounts
- Compliance to Statutory requirements
- Minimise risk
- Minimise cost
- Maximise claims
- Annual review (July)
Staff training & Development
- Identification of training needs
- Address training needs
- Performance evaluation & feedback
- Solve all hardware problems
- Effective management of IT service provider
- Effective backup system
Implement & maintain internal control systems.
- Minimise risk
- Continual improvement
- Ensure system integrity & compliance
Assistance with special projects
- As per project work scope
Monitor cash flow
- Weekly review
- Optimised cash resources
- Monitor working capital levels & reduce
- Adherence to systems
- Check wage book against bank statements
- Monitor controls & exceptions
Check petty cash schedules
- Ensure slips attached & correct authorisation
Authorise cash payments
- Ensure correct payment
- No duplications
- All supporting documentation in order
Oversee debtor’s collections & credit control.
- Set credit terms & ensure payment terms are adhered to
- Weekly review Debtors listings
- Assistance with problems
Oversee monthly management accounts & reports.
- Complete 8-10 days after month end
- Ensure accuracy
Monitor purchase pricing
- Price comparison
- Cost savings
- Authorise all price increases
- Direct senior level negotiations with suppliers
Establish & oversee product pricelist
- Up to date /comprehensive price list
Conduct internal audits
- Implement best practise
Oversee year-end audit file
- Annual – Within six months of financial year end – August
- Statutory compliance
Assist with Company’s Group tax affairs
- Statutory compliance
- Effective tax planning
- Payments and returns within deadline
Preparation of annual budgets
- Provide related information
- Finalised budgets – end of year
Oversee group asset register
- Accuracy & up to date register
- Ensure effective reception
PRIORITY AREAS (Update Price Lists)
- To ensure the Price List remains accurate and updated taking into account material escalations and changes in specifications.
- Head up Cost Control Meetings. Keep minutes. Objective of ensuring escalations in materials are properly approved. Maximise Cost Reductions by facilitating bulk buying, forecasting and calling for tenders from several suppliers.
COST OF SALES
- Ensure COS variances for the Management Accounts are reduced/eliminated and a clear audit trail produced of COS by job.
- Ensure expenditure is kept within budgetary constraints. Costs and performance reviewed with responsible staff on a monthly basis.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A minimum of 10 years financial management experience
- Solid working knowledge of ERP Systems
- Extensive PC skills required including MS Excel.
- Suitable tertiary qualification – BCom Hons or similar
- Knowledge of GAAP, Companies Act, Accounting Regulations
- Knowledge of Tax regulations
If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
This Advert and any rights attaching hereto are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of EOH Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (the Group). The Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages, whatsoever and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting, or arising from the use of information contained in an Advert which has not been released by the Group.