Cell C Ltd
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure that the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures are being implemented. To verify the validity, completeness, integrity, and accuracy of financial information.
Assist the Senior Financial Analyst to deliver a strategic partnership to the business: –
- Analyse financial information
- Ensure financial control are in place to optimise performance for decision making
- Add value to financial reports through providing information relating to revenue and cost drivers
Cost of Sales Activities
- Identify the relevant sources to account for relevant cost of sales items.
- Define specific information required from sources to account for costs in accordance with IFRS.
- Implement/understand the processes required to produce cost/revenue information on a monthly basis.
- Identify, implement and perform required controls in the processes to ensure accurate information is produced on a monthly basis.
- Determine and implement control indicators to validate monthly information during the reporting cycles.
- Communicate accrued amounts and to the Commercial department and/or vendors for invoicing.
- Review accuracy and allocation of invoices that were allocated
- Perform reallocations for incorrect invoices.
Month End Closing & Reporting Activities
- Investigate any possible over/under accruals and amend future calculations methods, processes or information to ensure accurate accruals. Liaise with the business partner
- Ensure all reversing journals reversed correctly from previous month.
- Identify previous accruals that were not invoiced and perform re-accruals calculations and journals.
- Validate monthly information received by reviewing control indicators.
- Identify any discrepancies and investigate the root cause with source systems
- Calculate revenue amounts to be accrued and perform the relevant journals.
- Calculate unearned release or deferral at month end.
- Calculate and account for any relevant discounts.
- Prepare reconciliations for all revenue and expense accounts
- Investigate any discrepancies and alert Financial Reporting team with any late adjustments to revenue figures.
- Balance intercompany before trial balance close deadline.
- Analyze current month revenue and cost numbers against budget and prior month figures.
- Provide logical explanations for movements against budget and prior month figures.
- Populate supporting information relating to revenue and cost drivers.
- Perform reconciliations for relevant General Ledger accounts
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast information
- Evaluate the need of official processes/procedures for the tasks under responsibility and implement them with the collaboration of Continuous Engineering
- Annual assessment of the written procedures/ instructions with the need of the activity and eventually promote the updates on the system
- Perform detailed analysis for all relevant section in terms of performance against budget and prior month figures
- Intercompany information
Perform any other related duties as requested by Management
- IFRS disclosure tables under responsibility
- Other specific reports, e.g.
o Roll-forwards for assets and liabilities
o Financial year end disclosure requirements
Desired Experience & Qualification
Honours would be an advantage
- 3 years plus within Financial Environment
- Strong Excel Skills
- 2 years plus Oracle experience in AR and AP
- Previous Telecommunication industry experience an advantage
How to apply?