Futurelink Global Recruitment
Our client is in search of a Finance Manager for their branch in Durban North.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee debtors/ accounts receivable function.
- Oversee creditors/accounts payable function.
- Monthly review of the main cashbook prior to it being posted onto the accounting system.
- Authorisation of weekly and monthly payments via the eft system.
- Monthly analysis of cash as banked by the retail division on the accounting system.
- FOREX – reconciling the spend of foreign currency as issued to buyers.
Financial accounting and reporting
- Financial reports.
- Preparation of monthly income statements, balance sheet, cash flow statements.
- Reviewing of financial information and reporting to the CEO and Finance Director the reasons for the variances against budgets.
- Submission of management pack / financial reports / Exco pack & Board finance packs for regular management meetings.
- Ensure financial reporting in line with internal company deadlines and annual SARS deadlines.
Budgets (Income, expenses, capital expenditure, cash flows)
- Preparation and submission of yearly budgets
- Oversee the capturing of the budgets per division on the accounting system
- All orders except for stock purchases are raised by the creditors department.
- Preparation and submission of income, expense and cash flow forecasts as required by CEO and Finance Director.
- Tracking on a monthly basis the actual results against the forecasts and effecting adjustments in line with changes in the retail buying patterns.
Accounting records and reconciliations
- Responsible for the maintenance of accounting records.
- Responsible for the calculation, submission and payment of VAT via e-filing.
- Responsible for the calculation of provisional and final income tax and following up with auditors regarding submission of the returns. Checking all income tax assessments against submissions and querying any discrepancies as raised with the auditors.
- Daily preparation of cash flow and monitoring of main bank account balance in line with overdraft facility that is available
- Responsible for preparing special reports as required by statutory authorities e.g. Statistics SA
Fixed asset register
- Responsible for the full maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Addition and disposals of fixed assets.
- Additions of new categories, locations, depreciation methods.
- Reconciliation on a monthly basis of the fixed asset against the accounting system.
- Manage and guide an acoounts teams.
- Review of capturing of the payroll information onto the accounting system due to sensitivity of this information
- Review of the leave pay provision
- Reconciling staff loans against deductions, ensuring that staff loans as advanced have been captured by HR dept
- Reviewing all medical aid, provident fund, garnishee, casual wages and salary disbursements
- Reviewing PAYE submissions and effecting payment on e-filing
- Assisting buyers with complex cost calculations on products.
- Reviewing the purchase orders against budgets and cash flow availability
- Authorisation of all stock adjustments and stock write offs
- Track and monitor import payments as and when due against foreign exchange rates.
- Review GP percentages and follow up with merchandising head.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of stock takes, reviewing variances if any.
- Preparation of the audit pack for auditors
- Direct involvement and feedback to the auditors
- Reporting disclosures in line with Accounting standards and statements
Desired Experience & Qualification
- B Comm degree.
- Registered CA(SA)
- 5 years sales experience post articles with at least 2 years in a management role.
- Experiece with FOREX
- Accpac, RMS, Microsoft excel proficiency.
- D Bit Fixed asset register experience.
- Experience in writing reports on Accpac.
- Experience in and knowledge of retail, manufacturing and warehousing functions.
- Track record in preparation and management of business accounting.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 7 days for interview. If not contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please follow our Facebook Page (Futurelink Recruitment) to remain up to date with our current vacancies
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Durban North