Hustle Consulting (Pty) Ltd
In search of a driven Field Service Engineer for a Digital Printing Solutions company based in Cape Town. We are looking for experienced professionals with service/maintance knowledge on a variation of digital printers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist customers via telephone and in-person to diagnose/repair problem
• Professionally present and demonstrate each piece of equipment to clients, staff, and others.
• Professionally Install, demonstrate/train and present all technical equipment to customers, from printing to maintenance and special applications
• Rebuild, refurbish, and update all technical equipment as needed
• Communicate potential sales opportunities
• Able to diagnose/repair electrical and mechanical malfunctions to bring all technical equipment back up to operational standards
• Understand the application of all chemicals and inks for purposes of functional use in all machines
• Perform detailed mechanical, electrical and maintenance service at customer sites
• Complete all service reports and enter this information in the Priority /Sales Force system
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Bachelor’s Degree (or other formal qualification) in Electrical, Mechanical or Engineering Degree from an Accredited Institute or 5+ years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer servicing electrical/mechanical/printers.
• Demonstrate customer management skills, strong commitment to customer satisfaction
• Physical Requirements: Ability to bend, stoop, crawl, grab, and work within confined spaces. Also requires the ability to lift 25 kg unassisted along with moving up to 500 kg with mechanical aids.
• Previous experience with inkjet printers, beneficial.
• Able to travel 75% time, primarily domestically; some international travel into Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands.
• Valid Passport and Driver’s License without limitations (travel insurance is provided)
• Able to read and understand blueprints and schematic drawings
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and in constant high-pressure environments
• Ability to work in a team structure towards team-goals
• Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
• Working knowledge of RIPS, colour theory, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems and basic networking protocols beneficial.
Package & Remuneration
R20 000 – R25 000 CTC monthly + incentive