Government Jobs - PDSA Vacancies
A well-known International Plastics Manufacturing Company requires the above to attend to all electrical and mechanical plant breakdowns whilst providing onsite customer and technical support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- A BTech or BSc or BEng degree in Electrical Engineering is essential.
- Previous experience having worked as an Electrical Engineer or in a related role preferably within the chemical or industrial or related industry is essential.
- Must have good knowledge of electrical practices as well as SANS codes and related legal requirements.
- Appointment as a GMR2.1 / GMR2.7 would be advantageous.
- Must have good skills in interpersonal effectiveness, leadership, productivity focus, technical capability, initiative and strong assertiveness.
- Must be computer literate and have knowledge of a Maintenance Management Information System such as SAP or similar.
- Must understand work management and relevant KPIs.
- Previous experience having worked within an empowered maintenance team would be preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assuming all legal electrical engineering responsibilities for the site.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in equipment failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Providing technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- Ensuring that work requests for equipment that is critical for the process include engineering input on repair details such as installation requirements stipulated in the SANS codes.
- Ensuring repairs, repair techniques and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- Providing engineering support for specification, identification and purchasing of needed parts.
- Providing maintainability input to project methodology (PM) and other improvement activities.
- Providing technical input on scope of work for daily maintenance and turnaround jobs.
- Reviewing spare parts lists, as appropriate and required, for existing equipment and works with MRO to ensure parts are identified in support of the maintenance equipment strategy.
- Developing maintenance operating procedures in support of the maintenance equipment strategy.
- Determining appropriate near-term actions on rectifying electrical installations.
- Participating in developing the maintenance equipment strategy from the facility strategy by providing technical and historical information.
- Understanding the economic impact of engineering decisions taken.
- Providing technical input for developing the maintenance budget.
- Providing equipment reliability and performance data to the technical resource networks for input into equipment purchasing requirements, evaluation of equipment performance and vendor performance.
- Providing technical expertise in risk management programmes.
Salary package, including benefits, is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.