American International School of Johannesburg
The American International School of Johannesburg is committed to fostering justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
throughout our school community, and we are continually furthering our practices and behaviours as we strive to live these ideals.
Child Protection Statement
AISJ maintains strong child protection policies & procedures, this ensures that our students can pursue their education in
a safe, secure, and caring environment. All faculty and staff are required to undergo criminal background checks, attend
annual training sessions and sign a safeguarding agreement.
INSPIRE LEARNING AND BUILD OUR BETTER WORLD
The purpose of AISJ is to provide exceptional educational experiences in a diverse and nurturing environment in order to
inspire learning and build our better world. We cultivate an inclusive community of learners so that we empower global
citizens to fulfill their future purpose.
The American International School of Johannesburg fosters a positive culture and is committed to Community Principles that include:
We are better when we act together.
Our differences make us stronger.
Every voice counts. Every voice matters.
Every team needs individuals. Every individual needs a team.
This individual is responsible for the day to day administration activities and tasks in the School Director’s office, through provision of confidential administrative support to the School Director. This position is responsible for all school and personal related duties as delegated by the School Director. This position will primarily provide comprehensive assistance to the School Director to focus on the primary responsibilities and maximize the time and effectiveness (i.e. responsible for a wide variety of administrative support duties
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the School Director in the timely management of communications; including written, telephone, email, and voicemail.
- Compose and edit letters, documents, emails, proposals and ensure follow up with those that require answers, responses, and written replies.
- Assist in the management and organization of the School Directors calendar by scheduling appointments, meetings, engagements, and daily activities, including running errands.
- Manage and coordinate travel for both business and personal arrangements.
- Spend time and become familiar with all aspects of the School and AISJ community
- Assist in screening calls, email, transmittals, and visitors.
- Coordinate onsite meetings, luncheons, coffees, in-house events.
- Coordinate the hosting of the School in-house events.
- Greet and check-in parents and other guests for meetings and events.
- Perform variety of office and personal errands.
- Preparing the logistics of meetings and events, including but not limited to booking and set-up of venues, sending invites, catering etc.
- Tracking of action items from committee meetings.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 or Matric
- Certificate or Diploma in Secretariat or Office Admin
- Driver’s license and/or own transport an added advantage
- Exemplary writing and editing skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the international school community which includes a transient population and very
- diverse family population
- Prior experience for working with the CEO or Executive Director.
Package & Remuneration
Negotiable based on experience
Contact: All interested candidates should submit their CV to Human Resources together with a letter of interest to Operations-Recruitment@aisj-jhb.com
School Hours: This is a 45-hour per week position and may be required to work longer hours from time to time.
By submitting your email address and any other personal information, you consent to such information being disclosed