Datafin IT Recruitment
Duties & Responsibilities
OUR client, based in the heart of Cape Towns CBD, seeks an ambitious and passionate Digital Project Manager to join its team. Your role will entail ensuring every project and task is properly analysed and scoped and the right solutions proposed after consultation with the Dev team, delivering according to budget and timeline expectations. The successful candidate will require a suitable Project Management Degree or related tertiary qualification with 2 years work experience within Software Development and a solid understanding of the SDLC. You must also have experience planning resources and tracking project timelines / roadmaps and project budget estimations and reporting to necessary stakeholders, proficiency with Project Management tools like Atlassian JIRA & have the ability to manage scope creep/deviation and work with the team to differentiate between critical and non-critical features and changes.
Project Planning & Management
- One of your most important responsibilities is to ensure that every project and task that gets delivered is properly analysed and scoped and the right solution is proposed after consulting with the Development team and external partys budgets, and timeline expectations.
- Working together with the client / partner stakeholders and the internal team, you will interpret the client requirements and ensure the right functional solution is agreed upon.
- You will be expected to champion and manage the JIRA Backlog and ensure the project is well structured into their respective categories, with detailed user stories and business rules/logic and QA acceptance criteria added, against which manual QA testing is done.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all stakeholders use JIRA in the proper manner and tasks are assigned during stand-ups.
Feedback and Funneling
- You will be the first go-to person for project and task updates by both internal and external parties.
- All tasks and projects will be funneled through you and communicated/tasked to the rest of the team.
Testing / QA
- You will oversee the final solution from a quality perspective and ensure bugs/tasks are raised and fixed in a timely manner, in accordance with your project plan.
- When the business requirements change or new features are requested impacting scope, you need to manage stakeholders expectations and evaluate how it impacts the project and provide cost estimates based on these new requirements.
- Produce documentation of a consistently high standard, that can be shared with stakeholders and which stakeholders find easy to understand.
- Organise and attend both internal and external meetings and ensure all action points are captured and tasked appropriately.
Progression & Protocols
- Part of your responsibility is to establish processes and procedures based either upon the team or per project, progressively adapting the protocols to maximize output.
- A Degree or relevant Project Management qualification.
- 2 Years minimum experience within the Software Development industry.
- Interfacing with clients / partners and managing both external and internal expectations.
- Planning resources and tracking project timelines / roadmaps and project budget estimations and reporting to necessary stakeholders.
- Managing both existing and new projects.
- Sound understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Ability to work effectively with a small team of Senior Developers.
- Experience using Project Management tools like Atlassian JIRA.
- Good knowledge of Web Software Development terminologies.
- Ability to manage scope creep / deviation and work with the team to differentiate between critical and non-critical features and changes.
- Excellent knowledge and application of the English language, both written and verbal.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills to deal with various personalities and departments.
- Experience in multi-tasking.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Package & Remuneration
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Cape Town
Salary: Market related