Government Jobs - PDSA Vacancies
What do you want from your work?
At Monocle, we believe work is more than a job. It is a chance to make a difference in the world of finance. An opportunity to fulfil your potential. To make friendships with ambitious, positive, likeminded people. To gain invaluable industry experience and learn critical skills that will make you a highly sought-after management consultant.
Monocle is a people-centric, independent consulting firm, specialising in banking and insurance. We understand that our greatest asset is our people and because of this, we do things a bit differently.
Unparalleled growth and exposure
Monocle is uniquely positioned in the market to undertake projects across a wide spectrum of critical and exciting areas of the financial services industry. Our consultants deliver mission critical projects at the most prestigious banks and insurers in Johannesburg, Cape Town, London and Amsterdam.
Unlimited training and development
Investment in our people’s development is at the heart of Monocle’s company ethos. That is why we prioritise the upskilling of every employee.
Unique and vibrant company culture
At Monocle, we believe friends work better together than colleagues. We love nothing more than partaking in a wide variety of activities through our company sponsored clubs.
At Monocle, we want the best talent to join our team, so we understand that those individuals need to be recognised and rewarded for their true value.
Duties & Responsibilities
As a Consultant at Monocle your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Solving complex industry specific problems.
- Conducting business analysis and documenting requirements.
- Performing data analysis and data mining on large datasets.
- Documenting functional and technical requirements for large system implementations.
- Designing and implementing management reports and dashboards.
- Writing, reading and analysing various computer programming languages.
- Compiling reports and presentations.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and clients.
- Continuously developing business knowledge and technical skills in the areas in which Monocle provides consulting services.
Desired Experience & Qualification
The successful candidate must:
- Hold a degree, with strong preference for a post graduate qualification.
- Have two years or more relevant experience in the financial services industry.
- Have subject matter knowledge in banking and/or insurance.
Additionally, the following would be advantageous:
- Relevant consulting experience to banks and insurers.
- Good technical skills, including experience with tools such as SQL, SAS, Python and Business Intelligence applications.
- A professional qualification in finance and risk management, such as CFA and/or FRM.
The ideal Monocle Consultant also:
- Has an enquiring mind and is eager to learn and improve their professional skillset.
- Is able to work in a dynamic environment where one day never looks like another.
- Is enthusiastic in their approach to their work.
- Regards themselves as a high performer.
- Is an excellent communicator with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well under pressure to meet client objectives.
- Is sociable and enjoys interacting with others, both at work and at social events.
- Works well independently and in a team.
- Shares Monocle’s values
During the interview process, you will meet with different Monocle representatives – including both People and Culture representatives and Monocle Executives – and demonstrate your cognitive abilities through various assessments. A critical aspect of the interview process will be determining whether Monocle will be a good fit for you and your career aspirations, so please come prepared with any questions you may have.
If you have a passion for finance and problem-solving, a relevant qualification, and think you have what it takes to join a team of your smartest and most driven peers, apply to Monocle today on Careers: Experienced professionals (monoclesolutions.com)!