Duties & Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Project Manager, responsible for the onsite management of the contractors, planning, budgeting, safety, supervising and coordinating all aspects of the project, communicating and reporting work progress to clients.
- Reporting progress and issues, selecting and scheduling work to vendors, suppliers and contractors, ensuring that the construction activities are carried out as per standard laws and regulations; and responding to emergencies and work delays.
- You must be able to demonstrate an advanced knowledge of construction management processes, have expertise in delivering quality projects and show familiarity in all facets of construction process, and have the ability to plan and eye for a bigger picture.
- Ensured the project construction gets completed on time and within budget.
- Coordinated construction scheduling and communication and acts as a liaison to project managemet concerning contractors progress and delays.
- Work with technicians, engineers, architects, contractors, and others who are involved in the construction process.
- Consolidated construction reports, project dates, status and convey clear/accurate reporting to the project manager.
- Tracked the progress of construction operations such as the arrival and utilization of materials, suppliers, tools, machinery, equipment and vehicles.
- Performed regular job site observations to provide directions for all general contractor personnel.
- Conducted weekly production and operations contractor meetings, which facilitated stronger communication and th ability to resolve critical issues.
- Conducted routine quality audits to ensure that work was progressing per the specifications and initiated corrective actions.
- Implemented systems to improve process efficiency and reduce the project duration, avoid construction delays by efficiently following through with all site inspections in a timely manner.
- Ability to carry out site inspections, technical drawing reviews, quality control.
- Defining agreeing and enforcing quality standards.
- Checking technical work, and advising technical design, solutions in different activities related to the projects.
- Monitoring progress against established schedules.
- Established priorities for work assignments to ensure that all tasks are accomplished in a timely fashion.
- Inspected completed work for accuracy and compliance.
- Instructed proper procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Check on all DSTI’s (Daily Safety Task Instructions).
- Attend toolbox talks.
- Conduct daily site inspections
- Partake in the monthly management VFL (Visible Felt Leadership) walk about.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Registered with SACPMP as a construction manager.
- OHS Act.
- MHS Act.
- MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Minimum of 15 years of experience as a Construction Manager.
- Experience in the Mining and/or Process industries would be advantageous.
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Market Related