SMD Telecommunications (Pty) Ltd
SMD Africa Marine, a trusted maritime technologies solutions partner is looking for a commercial sales representative based in Durban servicing our ever increasing business development needs in East coast of Africa. We require the services of a suitably qualified energetic individual who is, well organized, a self-starter, efficient with highly reliable work habits and capabilities of the highest standard. The ideal candidate is one who has the ability of building lifelong relationships with our clients, passionate about providing quality solutions with fewer mistakes and one who acts with integrity at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Accountabilities & Goals
- Increase sales from products, Increase sales from services and Increase profitable market share.
Relationship with key decision makers
- Documented key client list, Improved engagement with key clients, Improved engagement with manufacturers, Interdepartmental engagements.
Improved client delight
- Increased revenue per key client, Improved margin per key client, Increased recurring business, Improved customer delight.
Achieve Revenue Targets
- Achieve the required level of prospecting activity – achieve the numbers of calls, demos, emails, meetings and other prospecting activities in a given period.
- Increase pipeline flow taking into focus the number of new leads introduced into the sales pipeline within a given period.
- Increase lead response times of each sale, handling enquiries from both internal and external customers timeously.
- Responsible for all SMD Africa entities equipment sales in the East Coast region.
- Achieve accurate usage of funnel management and flywheel.
- Simulate sales situations.
- Implement effective Sales Process and ensure compliance.
- Create, Monitor and Manage CRM posting tasks including deal management.
- Implement sales team scripts and activities.
- Actively analyse lost and won deals and share these with the sales team.
- Ensure communications consistency through keeping it simple and regular.
- Monitor and manage dealer sales activities.
- Optimise company support to dealer network using existing resources.
- Identify hidden issues and pains impacting of dealer performance.
- Ensure optimised stock replenishment.
- Develop dealer sales plan with dealer.
- Quarterly Evaluation of dealer success.
- Actively involved in the market in identifying changing market needs and requirements.
- Contribute towards a clear brand definition by taking into account market positioning, customer segmentation and differentiation.
- Leverages the brand and value proposition in such a way that new customers are attracted.
- Regularly contribute to current and potential competitor analyses.
Manage key client accounts
- Accurately identifies influential and key external and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively initiates, builds and maintains relevant internal and external networks so as to leverage off its value adding capacity.
- Manage a group of key accounts in order to achieve designated sales targets from these customer through implementing unique strategies or approaches
- Continuous awareness of competing products and services and overall strengths and weakness of the organisation in order to determine how best to service and motivate key accounts to stay with the business
- Continuous maintenance of key accounts data and information for the purpose of conducting analysis that can influence account-specific decision making
- Creates threshold guides for new key accounts and cross sell opportunities within existing key accounts
- Generates detailed proposals and follow ups to achieve set milestones.
- Lives the values, ‘walks the talk’.
- Clearly communicates the values of the business to a sufficient level of understanding for all levels and groups of people.
- Integrates the values into the fibre of the business.
- Encourages transparent flow of information (up, down and horizontally), using appropriate communication channels, media and timing.
- Conveys the organisational purpose and vision to such an extent that employees are aligned and buy-in is achieved
- Easily communicates and debates information of importance / difficulty with relevant stakeholders.
- Keep others fully informed in a language they understand.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience covering sales, marketing and business development.
- At least 2 years’ experience in key accounts management.
- Knowledge of maritime industry especially the maritime technologies industry
- Knowledge of maritime technologies products and services.
- Thorough understanding of the sub-Saharan Africa market.
- A great attitude and the ability to work in a highly collaborative family oriented culture.
- Good administrative abilities.
Package & Remuneration
Salary : Market Related
Benefits: 50% of Midical Aid, Pension, Cellphone Allowance and Travel Allowance.
Only successfully individuals will be contacted for the next phase. Should you not receive a call from us in two weeks, treat your application as unsuccessful. Applications to be handled via the application process and no phone calls to any on the SMD branches will be entertained