Swan iT Recruitment Ltd
Established in 1999, Swan iT Recruitment is a well established, independent recruitment consultancy, providing contract, permanent and executive search and selection solutions throughout the UK, Europe and South Africa in the SAP and IT market sectors.
To find the best candidates, you need to operate in their territory – to be where they are. At Swan iT Recruitment, we focus purely on doing just that – targeting, attracting and retaining the best applicants.
Our mission is to create valuable long-term partnerships by investing time to understand your business model, culture, values and goals, as well as vacancy requirements in order to source the best candidate, not the first candidate, for your role.
This approach is mirrored to our candidates. We believe that as a candidate, you have a unique offering, and it is our challenge and responsibility to find you the role that will allow you to grow and meet your career aspirations.
We’re not interested in just matching your skills to a job role – we commit to providing you with objective market intelligence to help you to make an informed decision about the organisation in which your personality, attitude, and ability will be most highly valued.
Duties & Responsibilities
Purpose of the Job
The Program Scheduler will work closely and collaboratively with the Program Manager, Project Managers, Delivery Unit Managers and the Program Management Office to:
*Plan Program Schedules
- Maintain and administer the prioritisation of the IT work backlogs process, systems, tools, and data per delivery phase for a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
- Maintain and administer the Resource Approval Workflow process, systems, tools, and for a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
- Maintain and administer the scheduling and resource planning process, systems, tools, and data for a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
*Analyse and assess Program Schedules
- Use the BI reports created by the PMO Analysis team to analyse and assess the scheduled timelines vs. progress and the demand and capacity of a strategic program using the standards specified by Portfolio Management and the Program Management Office.
*Monitor and control Program Schedules
- Conduct quality assurance on the project and program schedule and resource data to ensure that all reports are correct.
- Manage key stakeholder expectations by supporting the communication of schedule updates in key stakeholder meetings and BI Dashboards.
- Develop and maintain the program component (project) and overall program schedules by working with Program, Project and Resource Managers to determine timelines based upon the availability of capabilities and capacity.
- Maintain the “single source of truth” for the program’s schedule and resource management.
- Manage resource assignments for all program components by liaising and agreeing assignment with Business and IT Resource Managers.
- Identify and log issues and work with the Resource Manager and / or Project Manager to plan and implement actions to rectify these issues.
- Identify and log risks and work with the Resource Manager and / or Project Manager to either accept these risks or log, plan and implement actions to avoid, mitigate, or transfer these risks.
- Assist in the communication of Program and Project updates to help manage stakeholder expectations
- Contribute to the IT PMO “centre of excellence” with focus on building skills and capability and engaging the wider business
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree (3 years)
- CAPM, PMI or PRINCE II certifications or memberships.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a PMO/Portfolio office and leading in the development and maintenance of project and program schedules and resource plans.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Relationship Management
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong understanding of project governance and project management lifecycles
- Drafting of factual reports, presentations, procedure or policy documents or training material