A global medical company is seeking a Brand Manager to join their Marketing team based in Pinetown in KZN or in Midrand in Johannesburg.
They are looking for an individual who possess strong consumer & retail knowledge within Medical FMCG/Consumer industry with strong B2C, B2B knowledge and digital marketing experience, passionate about what they do.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise, implement, monitor and evaluate marketing & sales strategies in accordance with local and global guidelines and processes of the brand portfolio agreed for the East Europe, Middle East & Africa (EEMEA) region.
- Be the main interface with the Retail / Consumer Goods sales team for marketing plans implementation
- Analyze local and international market trends and competitivity activities
- Implement systems to control and monitor developments in market to proactively identify opportunities
- Evaluate and modify existing marketing strategies in response to market trends
- Propose optimal assortment and corresponding marketplace pricing
- Prioritize and manage all aspects of product launches adhering to project timeline and budget requirements
- Approve packaging designs in line with local and global requirements
- Manage assigned Advertising and Promotion budget and allocate to different marketing activities
- Liaise with agencies (e.g. advertising, digital, events) and public relations companies to deliver agreed promotional activities
- Develop and distribute educational aids and supporting literature for applicable brands
- Participate in global or regional development project and congresses events
- Adapt brand, channel, and product marketing ATL and BTL communication material to local requirements to secure efficient communication for each market activity
- Plan, report and follow up on marketing activities
- Ensure collection of market/brand/product/channel related insights and share them with relevant parties.
- Must have a University degree or Tertiary Qualification in Marketing or Business Administration with commercial subjects
- 3-5 years’ experience in Marketing in the same or similar role as Brand/Product Manager
- Business Unit/Performance Marketing Manager within FMCG Medical or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have experience in product launches & development, budgets, profit and loss statements
- Must have excellent computer literacy skills (intermediate to advanced level) in Office Microsoft package and SAP
- Experience or exposure in working with Nielsen or IQVIA data
- Excellent communicator (read, write and speak) fluent in English
- Must have excellent presentation skills – virtually and face-to-face
- Project management and digital marketing experience will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to translates brand visions into effective strategies, propositions and plans that fulfill the vision and are financially viable
- Develops effective launch plans for innovation initiatives managing business requests and expectations
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to drive performance and processes forward
- Must be innovative, analytical, influential, insightful, courageous and decisive
- Must be a self-leader, organised and collaborative in work across functional teams
Candidates that meet the criteria may submit their applications via this portal or via vacancy link on www.mnarecruitment.com
Should you receive no feedback within 7 days, please accept your application as unsuccessful.