John Thompson a Division of ACTOM (Pty)Ltd
JOHN THOMPSON (A Division of ACTOM (Pty) Ltd) is one of South Africa’s largest manufacturers of industrial and utility boilers. The company services local and export markets and is an equal opportunity company, promoting affirmative action. Preference will be given to EE Candidates, in line with our employment equity plan. The Package Boiler Division of John Thompson has a vacancy for a Boilermaker in Isando
Duties & Responsibilities
The Purpose of the position is to:
- Interpret relevant symbols, abbreviations and tolerance on drawings.
- Interoperate pipe routing and pipe lay out from isometric pipe drawings.
- Identify material and material specification as per design and drawing requirements.
- Handle materials and work piece using chain blocks and overhead cranes by means of correct stacking and slinging methods
- Layout and marking off pieces and positions from drawings, including template work on plate, rolled sections, pipes and tubes.
- Identify gas cutting and heating equipment.
- Cut material using Oxy–fuel, hand cutting, using grinder cutting discs and plasma cuttings.
- Set-up of welding equipment.
- Identify welding defects.
- Prepare materials for welding as per specific welding procedure prior to assembly.
- Assemble pipe sections and reticulation systems as per drawing requirements.
- Fabricate Hoppers, Chutes, Cylinders, Cones, Interpenetration and all types of developments.
- Assemble cylinders, dished heads, nozzles and structural work on boilers and pressure vessels.
- Perform Visual inspection after manufacturing.
- Ensure adherence to quality control plans and company procedures
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12
- Trade Test – Boilermaker
- Driver’s License
- 3 years’ post qualification experience in similar role
- Boiler experience is essential
- Mechanical and Welding knowledge.