Moving Heads Personnel
Actuarial Manager (Risk and Capital)
Sandton and Cape Town
Report to the Finance Actuary and deliver the companys regulatory capital results and other risk management metrics, with the support of a team of actuaries and actuarial students.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the regulatory reporting team to ensure quality delivery of capital calculations and Prudential Standards balance sheet information.
- Output will be used for regulatory submissions (quarterly / half-yearly / annual QRTs) and for external publication.
- Produce reliable projections as part of the annual Business Plan process.
- Ensure regular updates of life business capital allocations are provided to the Group Balance Sheet Management team
- Work with the Group Finance and Group Risk teams to provide capital levels under a range of scenarios.
- Ensure the teams reporting controls are appropriately performed, and evidence retained.
- Ensure submissions are compliant with relevant technical standards and actuarial methodology principles and guidelines.
Operational improvements / developments
- Ensure sufficient priority is given to maintaining and improving the tools used in the teams various processes.
- Monitor regulatory developments and ensure processes and tools are prepared in advance of these changing requirements.
Ad-hoc business support
- Ensure team maintains sufficient capacity to provide ad-hoc support to the business.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Qualified actuary
- At least 8 years actuarial experience (mostly in a finance reporting role)
- 2-3 years management experience
- Strong technical skills in capital calculations, actuarial reserving and analysis of surplus l21.4o
Package & Remuneration
How to apply?
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sandton and Cape Town